Thread: Help pick new dust collector.

Help pick new dust collector.

Im tired of the pore filtration, and i think the motor is dieing in my dust collector.

Should i stay with my delta 50-850 and replace the motor bearings do the thien separator and get a new filter. Spec is 1200CFM

Or should i go with the new Grizzly G0703 2 stage dust collector 775 CFM

Dont have space for the 2hp cyclone, Also does the cfm difference matter between teh delta and grizzly? will it still be as efficient at collecting the dust?

Only using this on my RAS and tablesaw
    Last edited by Robert gree; 06-02-2010 at 6:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert gree View Post
    Im tired of the pore filtration, and i think the motor is dieing in my current saw.
    If it was me, I'd take care of the saw motor first, before it dies.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Overton View Post
    If it was me, I'd take care of the saw motor first, before it dies.
    Dust collector not saw. I made a typo

CFM is a HUGE deal. Considering that manufacturers are notorious for hugely overstating CFM ratings, I wouldn't even consider any dust collector rated under 1000 CFM...

I guess the big question is, what makes you think the motor in your current DC is dying? Can you fix it and drop a Wynn filter on your current DC and just keep going?
    Trying to follow the example of the master...

Quote Originally Posted by David Hostetler View Post
    CFM is a HUGE deal. Considering that manufacturers are notorious for hugely overstating CFM ratings, I wouldn't even consider any dust collector rated under 1000 CFM...

I guess the big question is, what makes you think the motor in your current DC is dying? Can you fix it and drop a Wynn filter on your current DC and just keep going?
    shaft is bent, can watch the shaft wobble about 1/32 when i have the impeller removed.

starting to wonder if this http://www.grizzly.com/products/2HP-...llector/G0548Z would be better than the cyclone

That would be a good machine. One thing to keep in mind for air flow / filtration sake. All dust collectors except cyclones, will fill up filters / filter bags QUICKLY unless there is some sort of separation before the filter. I do recommend Thien separators because I use them, and can personally attest to how well they work.

Your 6" plumbing should work just fine with that 2HP DC, just put a Thien pre separator in line ahead of it, or at least a Thien baffle in the inlet ring to keep the air flowing...
    Trying to follow the example of the master...

i just use a flex hose from machine to machine for now. wont worry about hard plumbed system till i get my other machines.

sold the delta today for 250. WIll be ordering the G0548z next week. Few modifications and we will be good to go.

Buyer

$250 for a DC with a bent shaft on motor??? What do they smoke in your area?
    Seriously - someone paid that knowing it was actually bent? or was it a no ask no tell thing? Just curious as it appears I been giving away my stuff based on this

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Bonif View Post
    $250 for a DC with a bent shaft on motor??? What do they smoke in your area?
    Seriously - someone paid that knowing it was actually bent? or was it a no ask no tell thing? Just curious as it appears I been giving away my stuff based on this
    Replaced the bearing shaft moment went away, Not ordering the new DC either, and am selling the my tablesaw Grizzly G0605x as well as sold my jointer and shaper today.

Am going to go to college and i would like to go to Sante fe community for a yeat then go to UF to work on my clinical doctorate in science of nursing.

Selling things off so i can by a 28ft camper with 2 slide outs i can put at a older gentleman's farm just outside gainsville. this ends up being cheaper than renting and wont have the distraction of campus life.