Thread: Some spindle pieces

Some spindle pieces

I'll agree there are not enough spindle turnings here, so I'll show some of what I've done in the past couple of weeks. These are alder columns for a customer/furniture maker that I do lots of work for. The first two are about 30" tall. Most of the time I do not get to see the finished project except on his website. One nice thing is he gives me full size cad drawings of what he wants. I've got 4 more for this week.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice...now that's a challenge!

Very cool and weighty pieces. I certainly wouldn't have the confidence to stand those large ones side by side, but you did a wonderful job. I'd have a hard time just getting similar beads/coves, let alone line up the newel edges like you did.

Do you do a lot of spindle work, have any 'tips' on replicating? Or just practice practice practice. I see very few differences between these pieces, excellent. I would be a happy customer.

Very nice work.

Paul, as always, your spindle work is amazing! And, just from a very fundamental perspective, I don't know how you do this stuff day in, day out, and do it with such interest. I would have to honestly say I don't think I could retain my enthusiasm for it, but you sure seem to do OK with it.

You certainly do some fantastic spindle work Paul. I can't imagine that I could even come close to replicating 7 spindles with that kind of accuracy.

I recently finished a kitchen and did attempt to turn 2 farmers legs for the island, thank God they were 9 feet apart
    Attached Images Attached Images

Paul - as always - I appreciate your eye for detail! Very nice work! I am sure your customer(s) are thrilled with the results!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Very cool Paul. Thanks for posting the spindle work. It's very encouraging! Keep it coming!

Hutch