Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Filling Pocket Screw Holes....Anyone?....Anyone?..

Quote Originally Posted by Chip Lindley View Post
    Lewis, a public shaming is certainly not necessary here. But, don't obsess over the plugs if this trim will be painted!!!!! If the trim were nice hardwood to be stained, I would lambast you for using pocket screws in the first place. Those nifty *trim head* screws make a tiny hole, easily plugged or puttied. Better yet, a pneumatic finish-nailer would be 1st weapon of choice for trimming out a room.

Do the Bondo thing! Get on with your painting and show us a pic of your finished garage!
    Chip - sounds good. No real obsessing at this end, it is a garage after all. Pictures noted for when it's all ready for an unveiling.

Thanks everyone for the tips and advice.

Lewis

Apply Trim work

Could you install some kind of trim to hide the pocket hole screws. Or maybe a tool holder of some kind on that end, maybe peg board or slat wall. Something functional maybe. Other wise I am with the bondo and paint.

www then youtube.com/watch?v=k5VAxqzkmX4 for the dowel method.

Blog Entries
    I've done this once where I couldn't hand drill the hole deeper. I used a regular twist drill and drilled the end of a dowel to form a v-shaped indentation in the end. Put some glue in the exposed pocket hole, then put the modified end of the dowel into the hole and tap it tight against the head of the screw. Let the glue set and trim off the excess dowel with a flush cutting saw. Sand and paint. If there is a very small opening after sanding fill it with wood putty.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

I generally use the Kreg plugs...glue them in and sand them flush.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Could you let the visible pocket holes be part of the design?

With a $20 - $50 Kreg jig, you could drill pocket holes in some sort of an interesting pattern.

I'm sort of kidding, but there's a bunch of possibilities to do something totally unique.

Otherwise, did anyone mention Bondo?