Thread: Gloat (i hope) and a question re fence

Gloat (i hope) and a question re fence

Just had this dropped off (actually it's twin) with a 3hp 1ph motor for the grand total of 300$ (308$ us) but I wonder if I should stick with this fence or use my accusquare one ?
    Attached Images Attached Images

That deserves a:

YOU SUCKETH!

I say use the fence then decide.

My Sss and K keys are stickking, there's so much Good Work going on tonight! You SUCK --- Arrrgh--ARRgh!
    Thread on "How do I pickup/move XXX Saw?" http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?p=597898

Compilation of "Which Band Saw to buy?" threads http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...028#post692028

What's the big deal?

Good deal on the Unisaw, looks like a good one especially for $300.

Fence wise, try the one that's on it and see if you like how it behaves. You're used to your Accusquare, so I bet you end up installing it sooner or later, but it's worth some experimentation.
    - Kirk Simmons
    - Eagan, MN

The jetlock fence actually is a good fence, until it wears out or gets bent. If yours is in good shape, keep using it, but if it starts to slip or the rails are bent a new fence is in order. I ran mine for a while until the locking mechanism in the fence broke, now I run a Shop Fox classic fence. I liked the geared micro adjust knob.

I inherited almost the exact same saw years ago from my dad. Mine says DELTA on the cabinet door in really cool art deco lettering. It had the same fence. I happily ruined acre feet of wood on that saw and then times changed and I got away from woodworking for awhile. A cabinet maker friend of mine asked to borrow the saw to use as a dedicated dado station. I wasn't using it, so I agreed. He didn't like the fence, so he installed a Biesemeyer instead. I wanted to keep the old fence around, mainly for sentimental reasons, but there is no comparison for accuracy. There are only two thing I dislike about the saw: it has no riving knife or any way I can see to install one (has a splitter though) and and it is a right-tilt arbor.

But, boy, is it solid. You'll have good times with that saw, Sullivan. Enjoy it and take good care of it.

[QUOTE=Thom Porterfield;1444449]...There are only two thing I dislike about the saw: it has no riving knife or any way I can see to install one (has a splitter though) and and it is a right-tilt arbor. /QUOTE]

An aftermarket retrofit riving knife does exist...Google: The ****Store

That was an excellent $300 purchase Sullivan!
    Last edited by Bruce Page; 06-13-2010 at 12:01 PM. Reason: Removed forum link
    Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....

Quote Originally Posted by Van Huskey View Post
    That deserves a:

YOU SUCKETH!

I say use the fence then decide.
    Just what I was thinking...

Thanks for that link, Scott. I'm investigating it.

VERY NICE. And definately gloat worthy!
    I drink, therefore I am.