Thread: Power twist link belts

Power twist link belts

Does anybody know where I can get them online. I really want to get the belt and the machined pulleys as a kit and so far have only located just the belts.

You should be able to get both the belt and machined pulleys at a local industrial or machine shop supply house. Check your Yellow Pages, they are usually available even in small towns.

Peachtree has wat you want.

http://www.ptreeusa.comtablesaw_products.htm#belt

Herb
    Carrollton, TX

HF has them pretty cheap ... www.harborfreight.com
    Mike-in-Michigan (Richland that is) <br> "We never lack opportunity, the trouble is many don't recognize an opportunity when they see it, mostly because it usually comes dressed in work clothes...."

Grizzly is another good source. They have three different widths and are priced at 19.99 for 4 feet. grizzly.com

Link Belt

Hartville Tool has them "on sale" with the pulleys.
    Order one on Tuesday - received it on Thursday (yesterday)
    Didn't buy the pulleys though.
    Put it on the JET Contrators saw.
    "Howdy" from Southwestern PA

Question Daniel

Did the link belt make any difference?

I have the same saw & it vibrates a little more than I'd like. Course my shop floor is uneven & that might be part of it. I've been thinking about adding the link belt but like to hear how well it works on the Jet CS.
    God Bless America!

Tom Sweeney BP

Link Belt

I only put it on yesterday and ran it to see if it runs OK. Just a test to see if it was going to stay in place. So have not used the saw "for real" as yet.
    I have one on my band saw as well.
    You have to understand that the table saw sits idle with the motor proped up to relieve the tension on the "regular" belt. Someone to me that with a link belt, I would not have to prop up the motor each winter, when I finish my woodworking season.
    Last edited by Daniel Rabinovitz; 04-04-2003 at 4:04 PM.
    "Howdy" from Southwestern PA

I have 10" craftsman table saw for ten years now, and I purchased my link belt kit from woodcraft and BOY did it make a difference in the vibration much smoother cuts.
    In the last 5 yrs I have added the Incra fence and a forrest WWII blade. I feel that the saw is set up to last at least another 10 years.

I have a set on the Grizzly 1023

[3 belts] and 1 on my old 36" craftsman manual lathe. I really like them. No guessing on the sizes, just take them apart and fit to size. Really helped on vibrations. Steve

power twist link belts

I have a 52-yr old SEARS cast iron table saw. I added new pulleys and a twist belt. It never worked so good, no vibration, great cutting. Should have done it years ago. Do it now.
    Doc

Re: Daniel

Originally posted by Tom Sweeney
    Did the link belt make any difference?

I have the same saw & it vibrates a little more than I'd like. Course my shop floor is uneven & that might be part of it. I've been thinking about adding the link belt but like to hear how well it works on the Jet CS.
    Tom,

Works great on the Jet. No need for the pullys. 43771-2VGA from Harbor Freight is $13.99 for a 5' belt
    Bill Esposito
    Click on my user name to see the link to My Personal WoodWorking and Tool Review Pages

I guess I should have said that I have the powermatic 64A table saw. I ended up finding out that this is a special order item. I was able to get my woodcraft store to order me it and the "power twist" company is going to ship direct to me. The reason that i wanted the pulleys is that the 64A has only 3/8" pulleys and I wanted to switch to the more standard 1/2". Thanks for all the help.

Jimmy