Thread: Jewelry Box for graduation

Jewelry Box for graduation

Intarsia front, walnut case, cherry drawers and door fronts
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Very nice work. Lots of details. I know the amount of work small parts like this take. I'm sure it will be appreciated.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Beautiful box Robert. I love the detail in the flower petals.

Kent

The flower details are my favorite aspect of this project. Very well done. I really like the finish you used on the flowers too. Very classy (i.e., you didn't just use regular old white paint.

My second favorite detail: the grain-matched drawer fronts.

Well done. I hope to be at that skill level someday!

Very, very nice!
    Talk about the "top" under the lid. Is it glass?
    Gene
    Life is too short for cheap tools
    GH

more on the wood and under the top

The wood for the daisies is Aspen for the white pedals, yellowheart for the center and poplar (greenest I could find) for the stem/leaves. The Aspen has only a urethane finish. All other parts are natural danish oil, then urethane.

under the lid ... oval mirror with scalloped edges. Behind it is the velvet like liner I used in all the drawers as well.

Robert,
    Thanks for the info. Sorry I wasn't clear in my question. I was referring to the top of the cabinet its self (just above the top drawer). In the pics, the top appears to be glass.
    Again, I think it's a beautiful gift. How will you top that when it's time for a wedding gift?
    Gene
    Gene
    Life is too short for cheap tools
    GH

Gene, you will note there are six drawers and above the top one (from the front view) there is a blank drawer front w/ no drawer pull. this actually covers the compartment that is accessible from the top, when the lid is opened. Hope this helps.