Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2010 SMC Pen Exchange

Blog Entries
    I'm in.
    Have a Nice Day!

You twisted my arm, i am in

This sounds great... count me in....
    "To me, there's nothing freer than a bird, you know, just flying wherever he wants to go. And, I don't know, that's what this country is all about, being free. I think everyone wants to be a free bird." - Ronnie Van Zant

Put me in too.
    Retired - when every day is Saturday (unless it's Sunday).

Ryan makes a good point.

It does not matter what kind of pen you make, especially if this is set up where partners will communicate preferences ahead of time.

Second, I would encourage everyone who has the tooling to make a pen to participate. Don't worry about how 'good' you think you are, or aren't. I view these exchanges as a unique way to share what we make and develop a unique connection with others in the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Stolicky View Post
    Second, I would encourage everyone who has the tooling to make a pen to participate. Don't worry about how 'good' you think you are, or aren't. I view these exchanges as a unique way to share what we make and develop a unique connection with others in the forum.
    I couldn't agree more... This goes for the numerous members who have yet to turn a pen(a couple of our moderators come to mind). Looking forward to seeing some first pens!

Count me in!
    Maria
    A woodchick can chuck wood

Quote Originally Posted by David E Keller View Post
    I couldn't agree more... This goes for the numerous members who have yet to turn a pen(a couple of our moderators come to mind). Looking forward to seeing some first pens!
    Thinking along those lines, I volunteer to do a pen swap with Mr. Keeton. Whether as part of this exchange, or if its a random drawing approach, separately.

How's that for a gauntlet thrown down?

I feel I haven't done my part to drag him into this crazy hobby of our's yet. Although I would say that everyone who sent him tools and wood certainly did a good job.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Stolicky View Post
    Thinking along those lines, I volunteer to do a pen swap with Mr. Keeton. Whether as part of this exchange, or if its a random drawing approach, separately.

How's that for a gauntlet thrown down?

I feel I haven't done my part to drag him into this crazy hobby of our's yet. Although I would say that everyone who sent him tools and wood certainly did a good job.
    I am inclined to agree 100 percent... and maybe Steve too... lol
    "To me, there's nothing freer than a bird, you know, just flying wherever he wants to go. And, I don't know, that's what this country is all about, being free. I think everyone wants to be a free bird." - Ronnie Van Zant

Please include me. I am pretty new at penturning, but I am enjoying it immensely.
    "a noble spirit embiggins the smallest man"

Pen excahange

Would like to be in on this.
    The hurrier I goes, the behinder I gets.

We need to get Steve Schlumpf in our exchange this year...

For those who've never done this before...

For those who've never turned a pen before, here's a link to a post I made last year documenting the making of Tom's pen: http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=113201

Tom, count me in for this year's swap, too. I bought a new blue felt-tip pen on Saturday, so I'm ready!
    David Walser
    Mesa, Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by David Walser View Post
    For those who've never turned a pen before, here's a link to a post I made last year documenting the making of Tom's pen: http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=113201

Tom, count me in for this year's swap, too. I bought a new blue felt-tip pen on Saturday, so I'm ready!
    Man...I can't wait to see if you get partnered with me again...I've been looking forward to receiving a felt tip!

Count me in please.
    Gary

RL 40 6040 40 watt laser, Coral X4, Compucarve, 9x42 Bridgeport mill, 13x36 Clausing toolroom lathe, Reid 2c surface grinder, Legacy ornamental mill, Jett vs mini lathe, and FIRE - micro flame polisher.