Thread: Parts needed

Parts needed

Hey y'all,
    I am in the process of gathering all the parts necessary to make a adjustable infill scraper plane. I had no problem getting the metal and the frog/cap assembly. What I'm having an issue getting is a cap screw and one of the adjuster nuts. The frog and cap I'm using is off of a #12. So I was wondering if anyone has a cap screw or adjuster nut that they could part with.

P.S. I know I can buy them on-line used for like $45~$60 thats a bit outragius... I think. ...here is hoping that one of you kind folks can help a guy out.

Blog Entries
    Brian,

I am usually happy to help folks with their part needs. In this case, I have not been buying any of the scraper planes so I do not have any spare parts.

There is a #12 in my shop that can be checked for the thread pitch and sizes. If any substitution parts will work the information will be posted here.

jim
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

i can check with a friend brian but i don't think he'll part with them for cheap

May be better just to buy a junk 12 for $50 or $60, take what you need off of it, and sell the rest.

st james bay tool co might have the parts

this is what they say on their site:

#12-#112 Lever cap screw $7.95
    #12-#112 Blade aujst. Knob pair $12.95

http://stjamesbaytoolco.com/
    From their website click on Tools -> stanley Reproduction Replacement Parts

I've been meaning to order a few things from them but just never seem to get around to it.

i got a junker

I picked up a rusty and dusty 12 1/2 I'll strip it of the parts I need a sell off the base castings and extra whatnot I don't need.

Thanks for the help guys.