Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: What tool/machine do you want but just can't justify the cost?

One of these would be nice to play with! Onsrud model 750 SS. And a bridge port would be a nice accompaniment to this.
    Attached Images Attached Images

You tell me!

My 87 year old father in-law followed me out to the shop this morning and asked me that same question. I told him I probably should get a Saw Stop for safety's sake but that a wide belt sander would my make my time more efficient in the shop.
    Here is what I have...22" PM 7 1/2 HP planer, 13" 5 HP Belsaw planer, JessEm router table and lift with 220V router, Steel City 3 HP shaper, Delta 3 HP shaper, 1 1/2 HP Delta shaper, 12 DeWalt RAS, 12" DeWalt miter saw, PM floor model mortiser, Delta 16 speed floor model drill press, Delta VS floor model drill press, Delta 108" oscillating edge sander, Grizzly floor model oscillating drum sander, Sears 1 1/2 HP table saw, Shopsmith MK 5, Shopsmith 11" bandsaw, Delta 18: bandsaw, 1" Rockwell strip sander, Fesstool trak saw, PM 8" jointer, Performax 22-44 drum sander, downdraft table, dust collection system to all tools, air filtration, and all the little stuff which gets as exotic as the Virtuex laminate slitter, to the 3 bit euro hinge jig, welding station, copper enameling station, and pretty much all the usual portable power tools, compressors, nailers, clamps and accessories. All of this is crammed into a 22x44 heated and air conditioned shop as a separate building behind the house.
    Not rich, not bragging, took a lifetime to collect and built the shop myself.

A lot of Domino’s on the wish list. How long before the Patten runs out? (Might make it more affordable by then.)
    Richard Poitras
    Central, Michigan....
    01-02-2006