Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help with a logo

Help with a logo

I have a couple of logo's which are AI files and for the life of me I cannot get them into x3 with any clarity enough for engraving. They are supposed to be Hi Res logos. Is anyone interested in taking a look and see if its the artwork or me. If my request is out of line, please let me know. I am authorized to use these. I wasn't sure if I could just post the attachmnet or not. Thank you fellow creekers.

Epilog Fusion Fiber 30 watt
    Epilog 36 EXT 75 watt
    Epilog 36 EXT 60watt x 2
    Epilog 32Ex 60watt (new tube, putting out 72 watts)
    Epilog Summit 25watt x2
    IL-60 2 x 100 watts 60" x 120"
    Corel X6
    Adobe CS6 Master Edition
    "http://www.sawmillcreek.org/friends.php?id=128

Change them to EPS in Illustrator and you should not have a problem.
    Vytek 4' x 8', 35 watt. Epilog Legend 100 watt, Graphtec plotter. Corel x-4, Autocad 2008, Flexi sign, Adobe Illustrator, Photo Impact X-3 and half a dozen more.

wow, serious brain fade this morning. Thank you James.

Epilog 36 EXT 75 watt
    Epilog 36 EXT 60watt x 2
    Epilog Summit 25watt x2
    Corel X6
    Adobe CS6 Master Edition

Greg:
    If you don't have Illustrator as James suggests you can post them here, or maybe e-mail them to James and he can convert them to eps files for you.
    If you have Photoshop, open them with PS, they will come in as bitmaps, then save them and import them into X3 and trace them. That works really well as PS apparently maintains the quality of the Ai file.
    Epilog Legend EXT36-40watt, Corel X4, Canon iPF8000 44" printer,Photoshop CS6, Ioline plotter, Hotronix Swinger Heat Press, Ricoh GX e3300 Sublimation

It's possible the Illustrator logos are just placed bitmaps. PM me if you haven't solved your problem and I'll check i out.
    I design, engineer and program all sorts of things.

Oh, and I use Adobe Illustrator with an Epilog Mini.

Yea I have the Adobe Deluxe Suite CS5, I took James's advise and it worked out fine . Maybe it was too much Tequila last night. My excuse was a really big HS reunion party.

Epilog 36 EXT 75 watt
    Epilog 36 EXT 60watt x 2
    Epilog Summit 25watt x2
    Corel X6
    Adobe CS6 Master Edition

Quote Originally Posted by greg lindsey View Post
    Yea I have the Adobe Deluxe Suite CS5, I took James's advise and it worked out fine . Maybe it was too much Tequila last night. My excuse was a really big HS reunion party.
    OMG ..that cactus juice will cloud your brain for sure..been there..done that. Glad u got it done.
    Epilog Legend EXT36-40watt, Corel X4, Canon iPF8000 44" printer,Photoshop CS6, Ioline plotter, Hotronix Swinger Heat Press, Ricoh GX e3300 Sublimation

My High School reunion is this weekend also, But it is about a thousand miles from here. I passed on going

In Corel X5 one of the things they tout is improved AI importing.
    Vytek 4' x 8', 35 watt. Epilog Legend 100 watt, Graphtec plotter. Corel x-4, Autocad 2008, Flexi sign, Adobe Illustrator, Photo Impact X-3 and half a dozen more.

Blog Entries
    Just flew in last night from my 20-yr reunion. Had a freakin' BLAST! Plenty of people I wanted to see, made a few new friends, and a couple of people who could fall off the face of the Earth and no one would care.
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

I looked at the photos of mine. Their was not a single person of the 30 or so people I ran with. I remembered very few of the people who went.

Smile Help

You guys are too funny - especially Dan. You're all youngsters.

I went to my 30th - 4 years ago - and it will be my last. None of the people I hung out with have hardly to any of the reunions and it was like High School all over again. The High Society and cliques still seems to have remained. What a pity - thought people would grow up and out of their petty little drama's; but guess not.

Many are on FaceBook and why I have them as friends, I don't seem to remember. They still flash that they married rich, etc. and can live the wonderful lifestyle - while us low working class just don't seem to exist.

I'm not bitter towards them, more sorry that they don't understand life. I lead a very nice life and married to a wonderful woman; so I don't need to try and play games with people to show that I'm better than anyone else. I prefer living on my level with "real" people and seeing how the world really exists.

Sorry for the tirade as it not on course of this forum.
    Terry L. Swift
    Universal M-300 / (upgraded) to 50 Watt
    CorelDraw X4 & X6 / Photograv / Photoshop CS, etc.
    Ricoh SG3110DN Dye Sub 8.5" x 14" Printer / Stahl Maxx 16" x 20" Heat Press

Blog Entries
    Terry,

The general cliques were still there, but I also found not only were the clique lines significantly more blurred than back then, but many were wonderful and fun to talk to... I'd actually hang out with several I wouldn't have been caught dead hanging out with back in HS. 20 years is a lot of growing time, and some people used it well (including myself). I just added a few new FB friends because of it...
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

Help

Dan,

Glad you went to a school where people did change. I'm not saying everybody in the society cliques stayed that way - some actually have become very nice people. Others, oh well.
    Terry L. Swift
    Universal M-300 / (upgraded) to 50 Watt
    CorelDraw X4 & X6 / Photograv / Photoshop CS, etc.
    Ricoh SG3110DN Dye Sub 8.5" x 14" Printer / Stahl Maxx 16" x 20" Heat Press

The people that went to my reunion were the jocks and cheerleaders. Their greatest achievment in life happened because they considered themselves B.M.O.C. They still live in the past.

The most main ones I went to School with would not be caught dead at a reunion..ha.. The rest of them..Well they 'are' dead..
    Epilog 24TT(somewhere between 35-45 watts), CorelX4, Photograv(the old one, it works!), HotStamping, Pantograph, Vulcanizer, PolymerPlatemaker, Sandblasting Cabinet, and a 30 year collection of Assorted 'Junque'

Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

I Have to think outside the box.. I don't fit in it anymore

Experience is a wonderful thing.
    It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Every silver lining has a cloud around it