Thread: Iwf 2010

Iwf 2010

here are some pics from the camaster booth at iwf 2010. one is the fellows and one is Tony Mackinzie of vectric giving a presentation

and nicks new machine!!

i did not realize untill i saw the pics that the stinger two is set up for vacuum
    Attached Images Attached Images

Jim,

Great photos! Thank you for posting.

One year I will make that show.

Now I would like to see the door panel file I sent Nick cut on that new table..... should take....what....maybe 3 hrs each side.
    Creative Woodwork and Design
    Vector Studio 22

yes!!!

i actually hope to come your way possibly early next year

Smile Very nice . . .

It was nice to see you guys & the machines in person . . . I know why they weren't, but I really wished they could have been running . . .

All you guys that see the output from a CNC everyday take it for granted. What would be nice for us guys that do not would be a simple project from start to finish. Nothing fancy, maybe just a kids knock together stool. Do the whole thing on video from loading the material to removing the cut pieces, removing the tabs if no vacuum was used. Then just knock it together . . . There you have a finished something in X amount of minutes. And of course it could have cut (4) at the same time perhaps . . .

Everyone shows you "the speed", the precise capability . . .but a finished project . . . uuuuuuuuuuuuum!

This makes it a lot easier to show what these things are capable of to people that know even less than us "CNC ROUTER wannabes . . " like potential finance people . . . . AKA wives . . . lol lol lol

Take care,
    Steve
    Last edited by Steven DeMars; 09-05-2010 at 9:27 PM.
    Support the "CREEK" . . .

i will see what i can do!!

I am working on a video on how to install and machine a spoilerboard flat which I have setup on my Stinger, once it is complete I will upload the video here.
    Hardware:
    CAMaster 508 ATC + Recoil
    2013 Trotec Speedy 100, 60 watt, rotary attachment, vector grid.
    Software:
    CoralDraw - Aspire 9 - EnRoute

Custom Architectural Signage
    Mick Martin Woodworking

thank you
    i'm sure it will be most useful to me

john

Steven,

I'm with you on that one. It would be great to see some start to finish projects on the CNC. I think as these companies move into the small CNC market and are trying to attract hobbiest-type woodworkers, that having tutorials and some start to finish projects will help. Carvewright does a pretty good job of doing that. They also sell a bunch of ready to cut projects so new users have something to do right out of the box. Being a complete newbie at CNC, I'm hoping to photo and video document some of my early projects (and failures) to give a flavor for the process for other "garage" woodworkers considering the CNC plunge.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by Mick A Martin View Post
    I am working on a video on how to install and machine a spoilerboard flat which I have setup on my Stinger, once it is complete I will upload the video here.
    That's terrific, Mick. Look forward to seeing it.

Richard

Awesome pictures of some dream machines. Thanks for sharing them.

I did not hear why they were not running? When I was IWF in 2008 I think shopbot had three or four machines running. There were other companies that looked like they had entire factories running.
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

basically everyone (camaster and the others) cut files in the show and then ran aircut demos on top of previously cut files, i saw none constantly cutting raw material (the cleanup and dustcollection are issues) anyone who wanted to see a machine running (including camaster) did or did not ask to!

All five machines at the ShopBot booth were cutting projects almost continuously from Wednesday to Friday, I didn't visit their booth on Saturday. They were hauling out dust chips as fast as they could go, Angus Hines was part of their support crew.

It is expensive to do live machining at a show as it increases the number of machines you have to load, haul and unload. ShopBot had several dust collectors and at least two large shop vacs running that had to be emptied at various times. Cleanup is a major job, particularly when your booth is carpeted and the noise can make it more difficult to talk to the Staff when you have questions.

I have to admit that ShopBot and MultiCam had some very impressive stuff running most of the week.
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 09-07-2010 at 9:17 AM.