Thread: Dust collection for dw735

Dust collection for dw735

I don't have a dust collector and had a bunch of redwood to plane. So I came up with an idea. I used a old pillow case I just made shure it was a nice thick cotton one. I used zip ties to secure it around the end of a 4" DC hose and then plugged that into my planer. I filled the bag several times but got very little to no dust coming out of the bag. So anyone without a dust collector and a Dewalt DW735 give it a try works great..

Good way to save $50, as long as your wife doesn't miss the pillow case.

I don't think the DeWalt set up offers much more.

http://www.amazon.com/DEWALT-DW7353-.../dp/B0000CCXUC

Great idea! I've also heard that the 735 has a strong enough blower that some guys will run a length of 4" hose from it directly into a trashcan. Haven't tried this myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Townsend View Post
    Great idea! I've also heard that the 735 has a strong enough blower that some guys will run a length of 4" hose from it directly into a trashcan. Haven't tried this myself.
    Yep, the blower on it is impressive. I hooked it up to a cloth bag from my hard blower/vacuum until I had my DC in place and it worked great.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Townsend View Post
    I tried the trash can but the air needed to escape so I cut a large hole in the lid and put a furnace filter in the hole. I still got chips everywhere couldn't get it to seal up well enough.

I had one of these laying around and it worked well on the trash can as well: http://www.amazon.com/Black-Decker-B.../dp/B00004R9TJ