Thread: I love craigslist

I love craigslist

I have been on a search for a new to me bandsaw. I have an '82 Craftsman 12" that needs replacing.

After several " It's sold " replies in emails and phone calls, I had a guy call me back and said he still had his.

14" Delta, cast iron tiltable table, a pretty good fence and has been in a garage all its life. I little rust here and there from sitting, but I will get that cleaned up.

Needs a couple of new blades and wheels under the stand and it will be good to go.

I feel like I got a good deal. I paid 2 bills for it. And he threw in another motor than I think I can put on the Craftsman and then try to get something for it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Great deal,
    congrats
    Just cut off the parts that don't look like a bowl...

Nicely done...I'm looking for much the same kind of equipment...so I guess that means I am a bit jealous...

And yeah..I love CL as well...

That's a good bandsaw, I had one a couple years ago with carter BB guides.

Setup properly you can get very good results.

I ended up selling mine for like $280 I think.

You can always get a new link belt, cobra tension spring, and carter BB guides as upgrades.

Looks just like mine. I paid about $450 20 years ago. A little underpowered, but other than that it's a good saw. Especially for $200.

Smile Riser block?

You might consider weather you want to install a riser block before you buy blades. I use mine all the time to resaw turning blocks and bookmatch wider than 6".

Great score for $200!
    Randy Gazda
    Big Sky Country

Congrats. +1 on the riser prior to buying blades. The riser is a great mod.

Thanks guys.

I have checked out all the recommended upgrades. trouble is, I am on a budget. I have some stuff I have to get built and sold , then I can invest in bettering the saw.

9. Can one of you guys explain how one can expand it search area in Craig list ? Robert

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Masson View Post
    Can one of you guys explain how one can expand it search area in Craig list ? Robert

Here is how I do it

http://www.searchtempest.com/

You can search as big an area as you want

Can one of you guys explain how one can expand it search area in Craig list ? Robert
    I use craiglook.com which will search up to 250 miles away. You can also save searches there.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

I use RSS feeds to cover all areas I would drive to. That way it is constantly monitoring craigslist rather than making me search a few times a day to not miss something.