Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Oooo...this is fun!

Carol,

To remove the faceplate you need to stick the spur center driver into the little hole on the silver neck where the faceplate screws in. This will allow you to hold it still while to unscrew the faceplate.
    Keep those lathes spinning
    TheWrightPen.com

Carole,

I got my lathe (a 14" jet) last November and have been hooked ever since. I agree...oooh this is fun! I do feel out numbered though. There are so many male turners. Most of the clubs are male dominated. I know us women now have the "Women in Woodworking" magazine, and there are more and more women coming out of the woodwork. I got into this because I couldn't get my husband out of the garage....now I almost live there and I do see trees in a hole new way. I used to hate going to the woodworking shows, but this year, it me doing the leading!

Welcome and remember, one good turn deserves another!

Jean

Congrads Jean,

Our club has two ladies that turn, and turn really amazing work.

One of them (Sue) and I looked after our clubs table at the recent wood show. She told me her husband was heavy into scroll saw work and when he passed away for whatever reason whe went out and bought a lathe, she spends at least 5 hours a day turning.

Our Woodworking club has several Women mambers. I wish more would join.

WE bathe at least once a week, whether we need it or not.

We brush our teeth...............with toothpaste. too.

We don't use Nasty language (AT least not out loud).

WE DO Support our members efforts.

And we only charge $18.00 per year membership for us youngsters and $9.00 for seniors.

All in all, a good group.

Bruce

Hi Jean! I have been a flat worker, but got the lathe because I could never find anyone to turn spindles for me. I think I made a mistake! You know, now that I think about it, I really don't pay much attention to gender...the common bond of working with wood sort of overrides that and I have found the folks in all the forums I visit are the greatest bunch I have ever met! I just hope I get to meet a lot of them in person some day. Unfortunately, we have no woodworking or turning clubs within reasonable driving distance. That makes sharing with you guys and gals all the more important to me,

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    Julie's Back! We've missed you. Details and pix!!!!!
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/