Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Whats your favorite Pocket knife

My favorite pocket knife is a Camilus, USA made boy scout knife I was given when I was 11.

Wow!!! So many pocket knives, I didn't realize that there was anything else but Marbles. Lightweight, anti slip, thumb opening yada yada yada. Oh it's the pocket safety folder #80906.

Bruce

My current EDC is a Spyderco Dragonfly

I also like the Urban's Wharncliffe style blade

I could never get used to carrying anything with a blade larger than 3". Too much weight, and usually too big a blade for delicate tasks.

This is my carry knife. I've had it for more years that I can remember. The main blade had worn down to about half it's original width and could no longer be sharpened or honed because of the edge becoming too thick. The knife has to be long out of waranty, but I sent it to Victorinox's repair facility and asked them to send me an estimate for the replacement of the blade. Never heard from them. Today the knife showed up at the door with a new blade, new sissors, and new scales, free of charge. Can't beat that. Now I feel whole again.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Russ, all those replaced parts were probably much cheaper than the (deserved) free advertisement/endorsement they just got!
    Jason

"Don't get stuck on stupid." --Lt. Gen. Russel Honore

Replacement Knife

The small black Buck knife in my photo is a replacement.I sent Buck a old broken one to be repaired and they no longer had the parts to fix it so they sent me a new model free of charge.

7. Spyderco knives are my favorite all-around knives.
    I also like the Kershaw Speedsafe knives
    Not a big fan of Benchmade although I do have 1 Benchmade knife.
    I also like Buck Knives, at least when they used to be made in the USA.

I tend to go for the German knives, and more specifically with stag handles. My current daily carry toggles between a Kissing Crane, Hen & Rooster and Eye Brand. Those are smaller 2, 3 and 4 blade folders that are easy to carry.
    I also have the old Buck, Case and others. And, of course, there are the hunting knives...

I've gone through a number of pocket knives, multi-tools and fixed blade knives over my past 14+ years in the Army and have decided long ago that my favorites by far are Victorinox Swiss Army (Wegner makes Swiss Army label as well, but I don't like them as much). I have found that through daily use in not so nice conditions, the Victorinox comes sharper than anything I have owned out of the box and holds its edge far longer than others I haves used (CKRT, SOG, Gerber, Winchester, Shrade, Leatherman and a few more that I don't recall). I like have about 4 or five right now in various places (shop, car, tackle box, junk drawer). I like to carry one that at least has short and long straight blades, but also use serrated edge and scissors quite a bit. As far as multi tools, I gave up on Gerber long ago, they do not take a beating and I have broken numerous blades, files and scissors off of them. At work I now carry a Victorinox branded multi-tool which came with me on 2 deployments to Iraq and is still hasn't needed sharpening yet nor have I broke so much as the tip of a blade. I also have a SOG which I like quite a bit and keep in the glove box of my car, but it lacks scissors so the Victorinox is my go to tool. As for fixed blades, a 7 inch K-Bar with leather grip and sheath.
    That which does not kill you will likely raise your insurance premiums.

I love any knives made by CRK ( Chris Reeve Knives ). I have carried the Mnandi, Sebenza, and my current favorite is the Umnumzaan. Toughest folder I have ever owned. I even used it as a scraper plane which fits right in on this site.......Enjoy !

Gerber makes what is essentially a utility knife in the body of a very small, very flat, locking pocket knife. In the past I preferred a more standard locking knife, but I loved this little thing until I lost it. Been meaning to get another.

http://www.gerbergear.com/index.php/product/id/411

I can't stand carrying things in my pocket. And, I've never really thought of a knife as something to carry 24x7. I tend to have a small folding knife (usually a CRKT or small spyderco) is a drawer/glove compartment nearby, so maybe that is why I've never seen the use.

I'll usually carry a little Atwood tool on my keychain, however. The normal one is this guy:

and on the truck keychain, this guy:

Quote Originally Posted by John Schreiber View Post
    I've had one of these in my pocket for most of 20 years now.
    I've been carrying one of these for some 20 years too. It's the best assortment of devices for me. The smaller blade is for opening boxes and misc cutting. I reserve the large blade for cutting fruit The screw drivers, particularly the Phillips, are very handy. The bottle opener is a must to have for beer bottles since microbrew bottle caps do not screw off. Never had much need for the leather punch though.

Doesn't seem as if anyone had much of an argument for convincing John to switch to something else.

Buck Stockman

15. The rotation....