Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone remember this metal detector?

Does anyone remember this metal detector?

i'm fairly certain i got the lead for this hand held metal detector from this forum, but i'll be darned if i can locate the thread. anyone remember teh same thing or am i mistaken? this one came from taiwan for $17.21, and that included delivery. seems to work well, and even seems to work as a stud finder.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I remember the thread. I'm sure it was in the Deals and Discounts forum. But those threads are only active for a short time and go away, unlike the other forum "rooms" here. Since the nature of the "deal" would be a short term thing. So I'm sure that's why you aren't finding it. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

I think the metal detector you are looking for is listed on ebay. Run a search with the following title: Handheld Metal Detector Guard security wand [ECA05]

Hope this is helpful.
    Rick Cabot

Jim, I had your same question back on 6-10-10 when i received mine for the same price. Glad you posted. After reading the original thread on Deals & Discounts I quickly ordered one via Ebay.

I fiddled with mine the day I received it. The detector was picking up small finish nails seated over 1/4" deep. I figure that's accurate enough to save the teeth on my planer for the first few passes anyway.

Last edited by G. Brad Schmidt; 06-28-2010 at 11:29 AM.
    Redheads are like other women – only more so

Quote Originally Posted by Jim O'Dell View Post
    I remember the thread. I'm sure it was in the Deals and Discounts forum. But those threads are only active for a short time and go away, unlike the other forum "rooms" here. Since the nature of the "deal" would be a short term thing. So I'm sure that's why you aren't finding it. Jim.
    who would know the length of time the D&D threads are active? that aside, as has been stated here, i got mine (that's it in the pic) and it seems to work really well. thanks to the OP of the thread that apparently has expired. for $17.21 (shipping included), this seems to be a good find and should be very helpful in recycling material.

I have a Wizard that I paid 5 times that for and it is a POS. I think the newer ones are better designed.

has anyone compared that to the HF centech model... I think it is $30? are they the same inside?

just one thing i forgot to mention. the unit was ordered on 6/16 and was received on 6/26. well packaged and seemingly reliable. the instructions are a bit sketchy, but tests have consistently found all hidden metal. i'd deal with the seller again. FWIW.

Basically, it's the same thing as my $20 HF CenTech.
    Mine works great.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

I just got mine. It doesn't work at all. It won't even turn on. (And, yes, I put a battery in it! )

Let's see how good their CS is...

OK. Here it is...

I got the metal detector. It didn't take too long to get here. Unfortunately, it didn't work. So...I emailed the seller.

They replied and asked for pictures. Fair enough. I sent them pictures.

This morning I get this email:

Dear valued customer,
    Thanks for your pictures.we feel very sorry for the problem.it may damage during the long transportation, Shipping is always out of our control,but pls don’t worry,we will solve it with you together.
    here are some solutions we offer to you.the first one is would you agree that we give you a great discount if you’d like to buy it again from us? the second one is We could apply a part of compensation for you.the third one is would you pls return it back to us,we will fully refund or resend another one to you but you may need to pay for the returned shipping fee just as ebay return policy.
    We sincerely suggest you the first solution because you will have another new meter detector with a very favorable price and it’s also no need for you to return it back.what’s your opinion? We will listen to your opinion first.hope to hear from you soon.thanks!
    best wishes,
    as-gold

I don't know what you all think, but I'm not real crazy about any of the "suggestions".

I can empathize with you Harold, that really stinks. It's like having to choose which of the less hungry sharks to swim to.

I purchased a web cam from HK that came with your same set of problems. I bypassed the infamous PayPal complaint route and contacted my credit card (Amex). They credited my account for the $50+ no questions asked. Of the four or five problems I've had with Ebay purchases Amex has ALWAYS come through for me.

Good Luck

Redheads are like other women – only more so

Quote Originally Posted by Harold Burrell View Post
    OK. Here it is...

I got the metal detector. It didn't take too long to get here. Unfortunately, it didn't work. So...I emailed the seller.

They replied and asked for pictures. Fair enough. I sent them pictures.

This morning I get this email:

Dear valued customer,
    Thanks for your pictures.we feel very sorry for the problem.it may damage during the long transportation, Shipping is always out of our control,but pls don’t worry,we will solve it with you together.
    here are some solutions we offer to you.the first one is would you agree that we give you a great discount if you’d like to buy it again from us? the second one is We could apply a part of compensation for you.the third one is would you pls return it back to us,we will fully refund or resend another one to you but you may need to pay for the returned shipping fee just as ebay return policy.
    We sincerely suggest you the first solution because you will have another new meter detector with a very favorable price and it’s also no need for you to return it back.what’s your opinion? We will listen to your opinion first.hope to hear from you soon.thanks!
    best wishes,
    as-gold

I don't know what you all think, but I'm not real crazy about any of the "suggestions".
    The first suggestion is ludicrous. Only the third borders on acceptable.

Chris
    If you only took one trip to the hardware store, you didn't do it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Kennedy View Post
    The first suggestion is ludicrous. Only the third borders on acceptable.

Chris
    You're right...

Sure. The shipping problem was not something they caused, but...neither did they choose to insure it (nor offer insurance).

I think I will offer them "option #4". They give me a full refund. I purchase another. (Why pay to ship them a busted item?)

Harold,

Then take the money, go to HF, and pick up the centek model. I believe it is the same machine, but not all the hassel if it is not working. I bought one because a neighbor with teenage sons offered me some of a walnut tree he was removing. Sure enough, I found several nails and staples that had been in the tree long enough that the bark had grown over them. Money well spent.