Thread: Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments.....

Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments.....

28 June 2010

Good Morning Everyone,

Well, it's sure been HOT, humid, and yucky here. June has been a hot month and just making us wonder what July and August are going to be like.!

Got a few chairs repaired and they turn out nice once I'm done, but its surely been an education and an experience in learning how to do this without causing damage to a chair during the repair process. At least I can add this experience to my bag of "been there and done that" tools and tricks.

Been working in the garden. We are getting up early on Monday & Tuesday so we can get out there and work the garden before the heat of the day sets in. I just don't handle the heat like I used to.

The LOML Jr finally decided to get her driver's license and she passed the test last week. Now she's officially a licensed driver. I'm happy for her, but she just hasn't been interested in getting her license until now and here she is about to turn 19. We try and let our kids decide when they are ready for things like this, but only after "dad" trains them in driving for about 6 months.

Well, about time to finish my coffee and get out in the garden.

So what did YOU do this past weekend?

Best of weeks to you all.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Got the new floor lain in the shop, sanded out and a coat of poly. Go in quick this morning for a scuff out and additional coat.

You should have asked last week- we stood up the walls, sheeted the roof and shingled last weekend. I build the walls with siding and windows/doors hung so we have what looks like a complete shop now- just the electric and other bits to go.

Well, lets see..........

I cut a $20 particle board cabinet for a neighbour and cut a hidden #8 screw.........No good deed goes unpunished.

I drove down to Mount Jackson Virginia because the airport in Toronto is a mess from the G20 summit.

Virginia sure is pretty.............And hot and muggy............Rod.

Went to an auction a couple of week back and bought a box of cookbooks...so it figures that LOML told me this weekend that she needs a wall hung book case in the kitchen for proper display. Found enough pieces of rough sawn SYP to get started and now have everything planed to size. Cut a few dadoes and assemble, shoot some amber shellac and it should be ready to hang tomorrow, just in time for our 42nd wedding anniversary

Scrounged about 1000 BF of red and white oak Saturday. Recouped Sunday, but I did play around wuth the unifeeder I got a few weeks back and figured it WILL not work on the shaper, but will work on T/S and jointer. Put together a list of materials for the drywall and insulation that will be going in the shop in a few weeks. I also started sketching a long lower cabinet system that will also double as a work station for the miter saw, shaper, and router table (if I decide to add it). Ate a bunch of Md Blue Crabs Sunday night, they where yummy.

Blog Entries
    Holes dug in yard. Plants put in holes. Ugh!
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Sheridan View Post
    Well, lets see..........

I cut a $20 particle board cabinet for a neighbour and cut a hidden #8 screw.........No good deed goes unpunished.

I drove down to Mount Jackson Virginia because the airport in Toronto is a mess from the G20 summit.

Virginia sure is pretty.............And hot and muggy............Rod.
    Wow that a heck of a haul. Did ya ride down or cage it. BTW you where not to far from Larray Caverns, there is a car and bike museum someplace close to the caverns. Never been to it, but have heard its worth the time if your there already.

I finished my second rolling cart/cabinet yesterday. This is my second of these cabinets and the quality is improving. I may have room for that new jointer shortly.

The LOML enjoys mowing the yard so she mowed and I trimmed yesterday. This evening I will fertilize and spray for weeds.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Quote Originally Posted by David Nelson1 View Post
    Wow that a heck of a haul. Did ya ride down or cage it. BTW you where not to far from Larray Caverns, there is a car and bike museum someplace close to the caverns. Never been to it, but have heard its worth the time if your there already.
    Hi David, yes it's a 10 hour drive, I had to take a car as my company doesn't allow personal vehicles to be used.

Too bad, it would have been a great motorcycle trip.

I'll see if I can look up the museum, thanks, Rod.

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Sheridan View Post
    Hi David, yes it's a 10 hour drive, I had to take a car as my company doesn't allow personal vehicles to be used.

Too bad, it would have been a great motorcycle trip.

I'll see if I can look up the museum, thanks, Rod.
    Ahah your still down. I was mistaken. It's a car and carriage museum, no bikes. Here is the link: http://www.luraycaverns.com/Attracti...5/Default.aspx

Saw

Spent most of Saturday installing my sliding Miter saw and setting it up. Then I took a nap!
    Ron In Clanton, Alabama

Shoot amongst us boy, one of us has got to have some relief!

Picked up 10 sheets of 3/4 birch plywood a guy was selling for 10 bucks a sheet. Theyre full 8 feet long and 30 inches wide. Gonna go back and get another 10 or 15 sheets this week.

Cleaned up the shop and started really organizing. Mapped out plans for a sanding station to hold all my sandpaper and sanders. Now just to build the damn thing.

Caught a 7 inning game in 118 degree heat index Sunday. Have never been so hot in my life and I got a foul ball in the left bicep. Taken many fouls before in my years but this one takes the cake. I got hit with a 86 mph pitch last week and didn't even bruise. Goes to show you how bad this one stung. Here's a pic of it yesterday and it's about twice as bad today.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I'm a Joe of all trades. It's a first, it'll catch on.