Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whoa, that was close!

Whoa, that was close!

I almost posted something here, then I caught myself and realized that at any moment I might have to pay an arbitrary amount to see it again or even contribute further.

Phew, that was close. I'll make sure I post it somewhere else...
    Last edited by Chuck Schultz; 07-01-2010 at 1:44 PM.

I can smell the sarcasm, but don't get the joke.

He's been probably using the same sheet of sand paper since 1972!

Blog Entries
    An unnecessary reference to the unnecessary discussion on the Deals and Discounts viewing rights change, me-thinks. Now there's some unnecessary sarcasm ;-)
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Does this go in the politics forum or the whining forum

Quote Originally Posted by glenn bradley View Post
    An unnecessary reference to the unnecessary discussion on the Deals and Discounts viewing rights change, me-thinks. Now there's some unnecessary sarcasm ;-)
    Probably. But, even after all these years, it's still fun to stand-up to the MAN!

Quote Originally Posted by glenn bradley View Post
    When did that happen? And where is the discussion on that change, and why do you think discussion on that change is unnecessary?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric DeSilva View Post
    When did that happen? And where is the discussion on that change, and why do you think discussion on that change is unnecessary?
    I know you didn't ask me, but...
    I think it happened today. I don't remember it being that way yesterday. The discussion is in the Tech Support.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by William Powell View Post
    Probably. But, even after all these years, it's still fun to stand-up to the MAN!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric DeSilva View Post
    Joking guys. Tongue in cheek. Nod, nod - wink,wink. Nothing meant by it. Let's talk about woodworking .
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

It definitely happened today because I viewed that forum yesterday.

We go from "I want everything free" to "I shouldn't have to pay" to "What does the one that is responsible for everything" think he's doing???

If you consider the Creek is not a good place, the net is wide open - start your own forum and run it the way YOU want to.

Otherwise continue on receiving the benefits of 'the Creek' for NOTHING, or pony of some cash to help it run.

Keith is doing a good job and can do it how he wants. Well, at least until I start signing all the expense checks - then he will have to do it my way!

Keep up the good work Keith - The Creek is good!
    Funny, I don't remember being absent minded...

exactly

double what keith said.since i joined this forum i only get three wood mags.thanks for this forum.

Um.. er... ah.. what?
    David DeCristoforo

I find this post disturbing. For an extremely nominal fee, I receive access to a group of people who have a common interest in a hobby I enjoy. Many, if not most, of these individuals have more talent and expertise than I, and I can get expert advice 24 x 7. Never once have I posed a question on this site and had it ignored or dismissed as naive. I enjoy looking at the work others have created as well as posting my latest attempts to progress in this craft, and I am grateful to those who make this site possible. Mr. Schultz seem to think he is somehow entitled to receive the benefits and features of this site for free, as well as having it post his comments for perpetuity. There are numerous web sites which do not solicit donations, and he is certainly entitled to frequent those sites as well to voice his opinions, though I question why he felt the need to post at all. Personally, I used to visit many of these sites and selected SMC based on the quality of the site and its contributers. To me it is analogous to paying dues to be a member of a club, and to complain that dues are requested is petty at best. To use an analogy, my wife and I enjoy using the local parks, and we buy an annual park pass to get access to the jogging and bike trails. On any given weekend, there is a long line of cars parked outside the park on the surrounding streets, representing individuals who want to enjoy the benefits of the park but who are unwilling or unable to afford the $5.00 entrance fee. Oddly enough, most of these vehicles are higher end newer Mercedes, Lexus, BMWs, etc, which makes you wonder about the character of these individuals. Sorry for the rant, I'll get off my soapbox & go back & see if the finish on my latest project is dry (poking your finger in it makes it dry faster, right? .

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Anthony View Post
    I find this post disturbing. For an extremely nominal fee, I receive access to a group of people who have a common interest in a hobby I enjoy. Many, if not most, of these individuals have more talent and expertise than I, and I can get expert advice 24 x 7. Never once have I posed a question on this site and had it ignored or dismissed as naive. I enjoy looking at the work others have created as well as posting my latest attempts to progress in this craft, and I am grateful to those who make this site possible. Mr. Schultz seem to think he is somehow entitled to receive the benefits and features of this site for free, as well as having it post his comments for perpetuity. There are numerous web sites which do not solicit donations, and he is certainly entitled to frequent those sites as well to voice his opinions, though I question why he felt the need to post at all. Personally, I used to visit many of these sites and selected SMC based on the quality of the site and its contributers. To me it is analogous to paying dues to be a member of a club, and to complain that dues are requested is petty at best. To use an analogy, my wife and I enjoy using the local parks, and we buy an annual park pass to get access to the jogging and bike trails. On any given weekend, there is a long line of cars parked outside the park on the surrounding streets, representing individuals who want to enjoy the benefits of the park but who are unwilling or unable to afford the $5.00 entrance fee. Oddly enough, most of these vehicles are higher end newer Mercedes, Lexus, BMWs, etc, which makes you wonder about the character of these individuals. Sorry for the rant, I'll get off my soapbox & go back & see if the finish on my latest project is dry (poking your finger in it makes it dry faster, right? .
    I don't feel entitled to anything, nothing of the sort was meant by this post. The fact is, I voiced my objections to levying a fee for a service which apparently constitutes little concern and value to the creators of this forums and invariably will lead to a site that is entirely fee-based. That's fine if it comes to that, and at such point I'll explore other options. I don find it interesting that so many have determined wahat constitutes a nominal fee for others. $6 here, a few bucks there, it's not that much, it doesn't really matter. Apparently, according to Mr. Anthony, my character is in questions since I don't open my wallet and pay up and instead choose to "park on the surrounding streets". It's not similar to joing a club and complaining about the dues, it's like being a member of a club and complaining that they now charge to use the bathroom...

Last edited by Chuck Schultz; 07-02-2010 at 11:42 AM.