Thread: a shiny gloaty UPSY Deliveryy I likey!

a shiny gloaty UPSY Deliveryy I likey!

Today a little nice thing arrived. You know how once you have something you wonder how you got along without it...I am strongly getting that feeling, When you trim plywood or veneered panels with solid wood and they are not quite flush....out come #140 LN! where you been my whole life. Not to mention tenon work...my Record 78 will be taking a bit of a vacation in the tool cabinet. Very nice fit and finish....very special tool and Tyler....just for you and a little fuzzy
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "All great work starts with love .... then it is no longer work"

Mark, congrats on the new LN! OK, so I'm real new to this whole hand tool thing, but I just love the feel, fit and finish of that little LN block I got a while back. This new toy of yours looks appealing, too! Now, I can't wait for your report on the LV you're expecting!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Sure is pretty!
    Tony

Quote Originally Posted by John Miliunas
    ...but I just love the feel, fit and finish of that little LN block I got a while back...
    That's the first thing you notice about the L-N stuff and then you discover how wonderful they are to use!

Mark, congrats on the new plane! I expect a full demonstration on all these new toys when I next visit!!

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    I'm so pleased everyone takes me into consideration when they post. Makes me feel all tingly inside.

Nice haul there Mark!
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Howell
    Makes me feel all tingly inside.!
    There are some things we really don't want to know about!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker
    There are some things we really don't want to know about!!
    Agreed! There IS such a thing as, "Too much information!"
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Now isn't that a pretty little thing!!!! Bet it works as good as it looks too.

Thumbs up

Gee, I wonder if that thing works better than my Stanley?!

This was one of the top items on my Christmas list. I'm afraid that Stanley and me will continue to be best buds until I get rich(er).
    If sawdust were gold, I'd be rich!

Byron Trantham
    Fredericksburg, VA
    WUD WKR1

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Singer
    When you trim plywood or veneered panels with solid wood and they are not quite flush....out come #140 LN!
    I thought you would need to have both a left and a right to properly use a skew plane. I would love to get away from having to use the router to trim edgeing, but it seems to me if you trim with the grain on side you are against the grain on the other side and need a reversed plane.

But, nice addition.
    Michael in San Jose
    Non confundar in aeternam

Michael, I can either orient all the wood to the olane I bought....or pony up! I guess
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Perata
    I thought you would need to have both a left and a right to properly use a skew plane. I would love to get away from having to use the router to trim edgeing, but it seems to me if you trim with the grain on side you are against the grain on the other side and need a reversed plane.

But, nice addition.
    "All great work starts with love .... then it is no longer work"

Mark,

Coincidently, I just recieved my 140N yesterday by UPS, sounds like we both bought from Best Things. They might get the impression there's going to be a run on 140's in Ca. or something hehe. I used it today for the face frame application you mentioned. Super tool for that application. My cap iron needed to be flattened on the backside, rough and uneven. The iron was almost there, minor touch up. It now takes see through shavings from maple in one long ribbon. Enjoy your new toy, I know I will.

Gene