Thread: SMCI tools

SMCI tools

Where are SMCI tools made? I've searched for 1/2 an hour and couldn't find the answer. You see a lot of industrial tools made by SMCI for sale out there right now. I was just wondering if it was the industrial equivalent of Harbor Freight or not.

Keith

You mean SCMI? If so then try your search again. I believe SCM Group brands their tools for the US as mini max and elsewhere as SCMI. Also I think that the SCMI/MiniMax bandsaws are made by Centaro.
    Fullerbuilt

Blog Entries

Smile Italy

Primarily-- and SCM is what you are referring. And I would suggest at the opposite end of the spectrum from Harbor Freight.

SCM is a huge Italian conglomerate of Italian woodworking machinery companies. There stuff is all premium... Industry grade stuff.. Its Italian with a few exceptions..

They sell under the brand SCM for more industrial uses and Mini Max under the "serious hobbyist" and small shop market.

Many folks here have SCM machinery .. Its usually 3 phase, Mini Max offers its machinery single phase and three phase.

Yeah, SCMI -- that's what I meant! I must have had SMC on the brain.

Italian made... great! Thanks!

Rimini, northern Italy.

SCMI seems to be the first choice of industrial woodworking firms. I heard that they build fully automated units. The kind where you feed rough lumber in one end, and a paneled door comes out the other end. I do have one of their 12 inch combination machines, and it is a fine unit.

SCM equipment is made in several plants throughout Italy and they offer a full line of woodworking equipment from single spindle shapers to throughfeed moulders, panel saws, CNC Routers and fully integrated processing cells. Their stuff is top notch, can do some incredible stuff but can be a pain to work on if you're not familar with it. The company I work for is one of their largest customers in the US so I'm pretty familiar with it and have no problem buying more equipment from them. If you have SCM equipment or are considering it and looking for documentation go to www.partspronto.com and set up an account, from there you can get manuals/exploded part drawings as well as replacement part costs and lead times for the majority of their standard products.
    Last edited by Logan William; 01-03-2011 at 9:40 PM.

9. I was wondering if Agazani bandsaws are make by that same groups as my Agz 20" bandsaw looks alot like the MM 20"?
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by William A. Parker View Post
    I was wondering if Agazani bandsaws are make by that same groups as my Agz 20" bandsaw looks alot like the MM 20"?
    Bill
    Agazzani is made by ACM, also Italian. All the modern European steel spined saws look an awful lot alike.