Thread: Driftmaster on a Delta 14" BS

Driftmaster on a Delta 14" BS

I got a Driftmaster BS fence for father's day and had a chance to install it today. Took about 2-3 times as long to install as I expected but it's hard to design something truly universal. Plus I have tight quarters in my garage and needed to modify the mounting hardware so the fence traveler was a close to the BS table as possible. I also reversed the hand crank for the same reasons.

My Delta had two fine thread 1/4" tapped holes in the front. I decided to enlarge it to two 3/8"-16 holes:

Universal brackets installed:

Fence assembled:

Another reason to apply the fence crank to the front:

Everything seems to be working fine and smoothly (Note for those that move the crank to the front - at first it felt like the threads were binding but after I loosened the special lead screw nut with the key that mates with the crank by 1/2 turn it moves very easily in both directions). I will try some resawing later in the week.

Anyone know how & where the scale that came with it is supposed to be attached? (Maybe it's only made for Laguna BS's?)

Mike

yikes, The fence is bigger than the saw.
    Fullerbuilt

Enjoy your new fence -- it is awesome. FWIW, I did not install the scale on my DriftMaster.

Scot

You put the scale in the same place as the instructions go... the garbage

Enjoy the DM! I think thats the first time I have seen one on a "cast clone".

Same opinion of the instructions here (at least the ones they sent out with the Drift Master when the universal mounts first became available). After futsing around with it for an hour I filed the instructions and just put the thing on my saw using the common sense that was left out of the instructions!

You are going to like using that fence Mike!!
    Have a Good One,
    Brent

SPCHT

Had to test this thing out tonight. I had a 5" tall piece of red oak and cut a couple of 0.100" slices and they were less than 0.010" different at many measurement positions. Not the couple thou shown in the video but definitely the best I have ever done and this was w/o any feather boards. (I used an Olsen MVP 1/2" 3TPI blade - I know, time for a new blade)