Thread: Jet 22-44 on an open frame

Jet 22-44 on an open frame

with casters. Its not working out too well. The place where the casters bolt on is warping making it a PITA to move the thing around. Bottom line, the machine is too heavy for the frame if casters are attached. I have some ideas to strengthen it... but I was wondering if any of you have run into this and found a suitable repair.

Mike

First time I've heard of this problem. Did you use high quality casters that are big enough to handle the load? What kind of floor? If the casters aren't rolling freely you put a lot of extra strain on the frame.

As for strengthening the frame, install a shelf near the bottom.

Yes... they are the casters designed for that frame. Its not the casters causing the problem, the frame itself (where you mount the casters) is warping. So the casters are now at odd angles.

Mike

Add you a lower shelve between the legs,work for me---Carroll

So you have seen this too?

Blog Entries
    Wow - the difference between the weight of the 22-44 and 16-32 is enough that this occurs. I have the Jet casters on an open frame of the 16-32 and it rolls around so easy I have to wonder how heavy the unit itself is. To basically collapse the frame - that's definately heavy.

djd