Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: trucker called

trucker called

I am confused. A trucking line called here telling me they had a 780 lb. delivery today and asked if someone were here to unload with a forktruck. I've been expecting this call and was certainly ready willing and able but I expected the trucker to be "Yellow Freight". Having gotten over that disappointment, I am patiently waiting his arrival. I suppose the trill of something new never wears off even as the "kid" gets older. At least I hope it never does. Yellow coming soon!!!!
    fmr

Keep us updated Faust!
    The Tool Nut
    Systainerworld

I'm livin' it with you Faust! Can't wait to see the pic's.

Looking forward to seeing the photos!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

I like trucks.
    ~john
    "There's nothing wrong with Quiet" ` Jeremiah Johnson

It's here, along with the bed extension and remote switch. The box is sitting on my dock waiting to be moved to my shop at home. I have a lot of maneuvering to do to make room for it, beginning with moving out the old Delta. It's a shame to see a tool become essentially worthless. I'm hoping someone wants it.
    Anyway, I'll send pix as I get it moving. It won't be long, my patience is not that good. It's kind of like being a kid and looking at a Christmas present with your name on it while waiting for your parents to wake up.
    fmr

Just take care setting it up - The bed is heavy, but the headstock is the wicked part. Use appropriate safety measures and go slow.

mike

I know a need fellow down in the Hershey area who would be willing to haul away that old useless lathe!

Mike,
    Thanks for the warning. This sounds like a job for one young, strong person. I will look for one to help me. My dear friend has his family here from Texas visiting until Saturday. He will be feeling miserable when they leave and need a distraction. I think I can sell that.
    Antonio, if you were a charitable organization it would be yours quickly. After I get my bearings, I'll figure out what to do with it.
    fmr

Quote Originally Posted by Faust M. Ruggiero View Post
    Mike,
    Thanks for the warning. This sounds like a job for one young, strong person. I will look for one to help me. My dear friend has his family here from Texas visiting until Saturday. He will be feeling miserable when they leave and need a distraction. I think I can sell that.
    Antonio, if you were a charitable organization it would be yours quickly. After I get my bearings, I'll figure out what to do with it.
    fmr
    Trust me when I say this, I've heard many a success story when it comes to recruiting help for setting up one of these monsters......6 pack
    The Tool Nut
    Systainerworld

For a six pack of lacquer, I'd bet Hart would make the trip!

Not sure if Moxie comes in a six pack, but that might lure Mr. Hoyt out your way.

Congrats on the new machine.

Faust, congrats on the new arrival!! Hope the setup goes smoothly, and above all - be safe! It sure would be a shame to be laid up with a blown disc and the new lathe sitting there never turned on!!

Quote Originally Posted by David E Keller View Post
    For a six pack of lacquer, I'd bet Hart would make the trip!

Not sure if Moxie comes in a six pack, but that might lure Mr. Hoyt out your way.

Congrats on the new machine.
    Depends on the flavor the task at hand.
    Only the Blue Roads

I have two sons home from college ready to help as needed. 3 turners and 1 lathe kind of makes a charitable organization doesn't it? Just kidding (sorta).

The temperature was almost 100 degrees here today. I'm sure a six pack of Moxie or cold brew wouldn't have been enough to satisfy most thirsts.
    It occurred to me the spindle on this machine will be 1 1/4" X 8 and my chuck adapter is 1" X 8. I'm working on finials and need the chuck. I will have to keep using the Delta until the new adapter arrives. I'll be a two lathe shop for a couple days. Thanks for the kind thoughts. Wait until you have to teach me to turn via SMC.
    fmr