Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thos Moser: Edo Trestle Dining Table

1. Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Buxton View Post
    A sketchup model is available from Google. Open sketchup. Then open the Components window, and search with "Moser Edo". There's a whole bunch of Thos Moser models there, so I think they were supplied by Thos Moser. That is, the outlines and dimensions are probably prettyreliable. But as the OP says, there's no description of the joinery. Moser is probably trying to make these available to architects and interior decorators, not woodworkers.
    Jamie, wow! That's a big help. I'm working on my piece now, using elements of the Edo design and the Nakashima table that preceded it. I appreciate your pointing me to that model.

Thanks Dave - very helpful. I hope to start tackling this project within the next couple of months.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Putzel View Post
    Jamie, wow! That's a big help. I'm working on my piece now, using elements of the Edo design and the Nakashima table that preceded it. I appreciate your pointing me to that model.
    Michael, in case you didn't read my comment after Jamie's, I drew those models for use in interior design and not with actual construction in mind. They are not drawn with total accuracy and there was no intention to do so.

4. Dave, Effram, et al--You guys are amazing. Many thanks for all this guidance. You have helped tremendously, and I will have a much better table as a result. BTW I'm working with very old reclaimed American Chestnut.

I built something similar

Nice table, Dave. Joinery on the original is different than on yours.

7. Dave, I should have thanked you long ago for your drawings of the Moser Edo table. I used your work as guidance and made a number of adjustments to get the joinery right. My table, inspired by the Moser and Nakashima originals, is made of American chestnut reclaimed from a house and barn in the Virginias. It's rougher than the originals but still collects some compliments from visitors. Did you by chance ever draw the Edo Cantilever End Table? I'm going to tackle that soon, but when I went looking for a detailed sketch in the Warehouse, I didn't find anything like it. Thanks again for your good work and wise counsel on the table. Michael
    1-DSC00232.jpg

Wow, Michael. That table turned out beautifully. I really like the way you used the natural edge on the long foot. The view is lovely, too. Thanks for sharing.

As to the Cantilever End Table, no, I never drew it. When I was drawing for Moser I don't think that table was available. I'll have to take a look, though.