Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Monster mustard gloat

Monster mustard gloat

Ordered my new monster mustard on Monday, arrived today. Awesome service from Sean at ToolNut. Was on the fence as to which to buy, the Jet 1642 or the Powermatic, couldn't pass up the sale on the Powermatic. Have to get a plug tomorrow so haven't been able to turn it on, can't wait!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources"
    Albert Einstein

2. Mustard Yellow a great color!

Congrats on your new PM 3520b. A great lathe for sure. I know you will put it to good use!

I can hardly control my jealousy. Congrats on the new yellow beast!

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Behnke View Post
    Ordered my new monster mustard on Monday, arrived today. Awesome service from Sean at ToolNut. Was on the fence as to which to buy, the Jet 1642 or the Powermatic, couldn't pass up the sale on the Powermatic. Have to get a plug tomorrow so haven't been able to turn it on, can't wait!
    Heck yeah Jon! Thanks for posting the pictures up, now show us some results
    The Tool Nut
    Systainerworld

you know youd think pm would make one a ketchup color.

Very glad for you, nice lathe.
    "To me, there's nothing freer than a bird, you know, just flying wherever he wants to go. And, I don't know, that's what this country is all about, being free. I think everyone wants to be a free bird." - Ronnie Van Zant

Congrats on your new lathe.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Very nice purchase, and surprisingly fast delivery! Congrats!
    Thread on "How do I pickup/move XXX Saw?" http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?p=597898

Compilation of "Which Band Saw to buy?" threads http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...028#post692028

8. Very fine choice. Is there anything to mention about setting up the lathe that might interest someone who is expecting a delivery?

Man that looks PURDY.I looked at those last weekend at Woodcraft.It was a good sale but I will wait a little longer.Maybe a good X-mas present for myself.In the meantime I hope you enjoy yours.Let's see some shavings on it.
    Donny

Well done Jon,
    Mine was delivered earlier this week and is still in the crate exactly where we sat it upon delivery. July is not normally a crazy month in our business but "Thank God" we are crushed with work. I don't see day light, weekday or weekend for two weeks. I'll get it to the shop sooner or later. Besides, seeing that big box gives me something to look forward to when we have our work behind us. Good luck with yours and be safe.
    fmr

Congrats and welcome to the club..

Tony
    Tony

"Soldier On"

Quote Originally Posted by William Hutchinson View Post
    Very fine choice. Is there anything to mention about setting up the lathe that might interest someone who is expecting a delivery?
    There is a website full of useful tips about the PM lathe... Check out mustardmonster.com.

Congrats on the new lathe, Jon, and welcome to the mustard club.

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Card View Post
    you know youd think pm would make one a ketchup color.

Very glad for you, nice lathe.

Karl, that is an idea, so cool, worth all of us banding together and presenting it to Powermatic. Maybe a xmas special in a contest?
    The Tool Nut
    Systainerworld

Congrats on the new mustard monster Jon.
    Looking forward to seeing the first turnings from it.

I think this is the last day of the sale on Jets and Powermatics. My finger has been hovering over the "order" button on my keyboard for several days, but I just can't afford to do it right new, DARN!

Congrats on yours.
    Last edited by Paul Douglass; 07-09-2010 at 7:44 PM.