Thread: Dewalt D27904 Dust Extractor?

Dewalt D27904 Dust Extractor?

I was on dewalt's site looking for accessories for my track saw and I noticed they sell a dust extractor with a 1 1/4" hose to fit all of their woodworking tools. It appears to run about $400.

Does anyone have any experience with this vac? Is it worth the money?

Thanks,

deck

That is the same unit that has been sold under the Porter-Cable name for a few years.
    In todays market, it is probably worth about $275-300.

The Fein Turbo II can be had on sale today at about $359 and is superior in every way except for the nice hose storage fittings on top of the Porter-Cable/Dewalt unit. If on-unit hose and tool storage is super important, the Bosch is nicer.

I recently bought a Fein Turbo III on sale at $389 to have in addition to my 6 year-old Fein. One at work, one at home. I had reached my limit of tolerance for my Shop Vac $169 unit. What a waste of $169!

I think it's way overpriced. ALso you need to confirm how many amps the tool elect. socket will accept. The Porter Cable ones were in the 6 amp range. Not enough for a track saw, mitre saw or most routers. You'll blow the circuit board and render it useless.

The Festool has no limit , well not exactly - but it is rated to use all of it's gear including the big 75 track saw, Mitre Saw , and their boss router. The Fein also has a high rating and will for certain work with Festool's 55 saw, A Dewalt 12" Mitre saw and a 2HP router.

For a gen. purpose shop vac , the Fein is the way to go. If you need a collector for site work especially with a track saw the Festool CT is the way to go hands down. Get a Systainer for your Dewalt saw and you'll be in hog heaven.