Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Well, I have delayed asking for prayers, but it's time...

Well, I have delayed asking for prayers, but it's time...

We learned about 2 weeks ago that a mass was found in my wife's right breast from her mammogram. A biopsy shows that it is cancerous. It was caught early, as the size is reported to be under 1cm. Oncologist recommended a lumpectomy based on that information, but ordered a breast MRI that was done yesterday morning. Oncologist called about 7:45pm with bad news. MRI shows some pre cancerous places on the same breast. The good news is that the left breast is clear. So now the recommendation is to do a mastectomy. Of course, we are both a little scared. But we trust that God will empower us to fight this. The prognosis is very good, with chance of recurrence only between 3 and 5% for 10 years.
    Please keep Glenna and the team of doctors in your prayers as we find out this next week when this will be performed. I know my friends here will lend any support that you can with prayers and good thoughts. That is all that I hope to happen. Thanks in advance! Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

Jim, my friend, my thoughts and prayers go out for your wife, you and her team of doctors.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Jim - so sorry to hear the news but glad that they found it when they did! Thoughts and prayers sent! Hope all goes well! Keep us in the loop please!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Prayers have been and will be said for Glenna, you and her medical team. Mom went through similar things about 5 years ago. Tough few months, but things have been great since. This is scary; it was for us. Keep us posted, we care.
    ________
    Ron

"Individual commitment to a group effort--that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work."
    Vince Lombardi

You're both on the list.

Jim, when I went through the big C 18 years ago, my wife was supportive but didn't hover over me. I told her what she needed to know and she didn't pry knowing that I was managing the process.

Be sure to allow her to grieve, feel betrayed, scared. She will need to 'own' this so she can feel the personal nature of the battle and anticipate the victory at the end. Married or not, it's hers. You'll need to share her with the army of care-givers for a while. Don't get angry or resentful that you feel helpless. There are many ways to offer support, but don't tell her you know how she feels. You can't know. Surprise her with something she isn't expecting to break the routine. You may have to shave your head someday, but I hope not.
    "I love the smell of sawdust in the morning".
    Robert Duval in "Apileachips Now". - almost.

Laserpro Spirit 60W laser, Corel X3
    Missionfurnishings, Mitchell Andrus Studios, NC

Blog Entries
    Prayer said, thoughts are with you. God bless you and LOYL.

Good thoughts and prayers headed your way.

Jim, I am so sorry to hear about Glenna. You and Glenna are in my prayers. I pray for God to touch Glenna, and heal her by giving the medical team the necessary knowledge, guidance and direction.

God Bless you and Glenna, Sam

You got it Jim. Glad it was detected early.
    Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....

10. ...our prayers are with you and Glenna...God Bless

You've got my thoughts power pulling for your both...whatever that's worth. Keep positive.
    I drink, therefore I am.

Jim, my prayers go out for you, Glenna, and all that are involved in her care. We are often at a loss as to why these things occur in our lives, but above all, keep your faith in the Lord. He will give both of you the strength to deal with this.

Prayers offered, Jim. I hope for the best outcomes for both of you in this.
    Jason

"Don't get stuck on stupid." --Lt. Gen. Russel Honore

You and Glenna have my prayers Jim. Anything is possible through prayer, our youngest son is a cancer survivor.

Jim,

My prayers will go out to your family and team of doctors.