Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Whats Your Best Craigslist Score??

A pickup load of apple turning wood. Cost? Three hours of my time and gas for the chainsaw!

0312011555s.jpgA 1934 Delta DP620 drill press. $25.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

13" x 6" 5 horsepower Rockwell planer for $50. It is 3 phase though forcing me to get a rotary phase converter. I hope to get other 3 phase deals like that.
    <-------- Knows nothing of WoodWorking. Wants to know everything about WoodWorking.

Onedia V-3000 3hp Cyclone with a bunch of extra flextube. The Cyclone retails for around $1400+ shipping which is couple hundred. I went and picked it up for $700

Delta contactors saw with a twist link belt, 40" Jet EXACTA fence, Delta crosscut sliding table attachment, dust collection port, 2hp 220 volt Baldor motor, Pal alignment system, out feed cabinet with a folding downdraft table that extents the support to 8',Delta mobile base and a good Delta blade! All for $600!

Cool

I have gotten some really good deals on CL lately as well as some okay deals, and I have also had success selling on craigslist and even making a profit from it. Recently I bought a Delta 14" bandsaw for $300 which wasn't bad but wasn't great but two weeks later I bought another one same model (28-243) for $120 and cleaned it up 2 hours max then sold it for $300 (which in effect lowered the price I paid for mine to $120). I sold my old 12" Craftsman Bandsaw for $175 (paid 150 when I bought it) The guy that bought the Cman bandsaw started looking at my Cman 12" benchtop drill press so I sold it to him for $100. I then drove up to Denver bought a Ridgid Table saw (3650) for $175 and cleaned it up took off the stock rails and mounted a unifence on it (I paid $130 for the unifence a few months back on CL). On the same trip I picked up a Jet JDP-17mf for $250 (probably a little high but it was what I was looking for). Yesterday I picked up a Delta AP 400 Dust collector for $130 with a wireless remote included. Another great deal I got, although it wasn't on Craigslist was from a pawn shop, I got a brand new in the the box sealed Ridgid Planer for $200 and a Dewalt DW708 12" sliding miter saw for $200 same trip. I also recently found a dewalt cordless 18 volt angle drill for $87.99 at Lowes on clearance, didn't want the drill just the batteries, and now I'm selling the drill to recoup most of that money I paid for the batteries. I just started getting into woodworking in October of 2010 and I have built up a pretty nice collection of tools in a short time as I replaced my handyman type tool collection with woodworking tools. Woodworking isn't cheap but craigslist sure helps make it more affordable if you know where to look and if you are patient enough to wait for the right deal.

JDS Multi-router in excellent condition with several templates and spiral bits. This was a Craigslist listing. Asking price was $750.00, paid $675.00.

3HP Delta long arm 14" RAS, $124.00.
    Needed major cleaning, painting, motor bearings @ $25, & a new yoke and an indexing pin housing, which I got for $20 shipping. The same day I got a free 10" Delta RAS from a friend, which I sold for $150.00. So total cash outlay was around $20.

dras16.jpg

Blog Entries
    anybody score and super good deals on craigslist lately??

I would like to see some deals where the price was fair but the machine exceeded expectations in its performance. If the criteria is cheap price solely it means the deal was crappy for the seller. If we concentrate on price we can't also complain about losing our manufacturing base, outsourcing of jobs, losing our benefits, etc. As a nation our addiction to low prices is coming at a high cost. Dave

I scored a Dewalt biscuit joiner with 3 full assorted sizes of biscuits and manual. A Delta tenoning jig (cast iron). A bench mount Jet mortising machine with new 1/4", 3/8", & 1/2" mortises in the box. Grand total-----------------

$250.00

Thought it was a good steal.

Bruce
    Epilog TT 35W, 2 LMI SE225CV's
    CorelDraw 4 through 11
    CarveWright
    paper and pencils

I recently got a 2001 Jet 18" band saw in pristine condition for $500. I've already posted a gloat on it, so I guess this is almost double dipping...but you asked.
    I drink, therefore I am.

13. Almost new Performax 16/32 drum sander plus two 100' rolls of sandpaper - $250. Circuit breaker on the tool kept popping way too often. Got a replacement breaker from a national electronics chain for $5.85 and hasn't been a problem since.

1944 Delta 14" Bandsaw - $100.00

Interesting thread.

I've gotten a Bailey #3 for 2$
    When I first started getting into planes I bought 2 number 6's (corrugated and non) a number 4, number 5, number 65 LA block and some garbage handyman planes for 20$.