Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looks like I need plans for a crib or changing table

congratulations...

this is about three years away, but one of the most annoying storage issues is "arts and crafts" stuff... crayons, paper, stamp kits, glitter glue, playdoh... everything. perhaps you can find a child-level nook in the kitchen and fill it with small drawers for that kind of stuff... toy storage is similar--I bet there are some great toy chest plans online. I recently saw an example of a "kitchen" toy that folded out into a work table... if I run across that link, I will send it... you might be able to search for it on the net.

again, a few years away. the more immediate stuff would be dressers and changing tables and the like. I just completed a bed for one kid, but never did any of the baby furniture.

I built my Grandsons' crib last Nov, got the plans' from PlansNow.com. The hardware was $150( not including matress), so they're not cheap to build. I used tiger maple, and it turned out beautifully.

However,the CBS Evening news just broadcasted that the feds are now trying to ban all drop-side cribs for safety reasons. I don't agree with their assessment,but I know that varying quality of hardware/wood could make a difference between safe and unsafe. Using the hardware that I bought, there's no way the crib can be unsafe in the way they say they are.
    oh yeah.... CONGRATS!!!!!
    Give an honest days work for an honest days pay