Thread: Vortech Router?

Vortech Router?

Does anyone have any experience with this company. ( http://www.vortechcnc.com)
    I was getting ready to build a MechMate but it may be a little over my head. This seems like a very good deal. Looks really solid . I talked to them today and I can get a 4x8 table with a 3 1/2hp router for about $8500. Here's the specs on the table they emailed me. They also have a very cool 4th axis attachment that mounts right on the table. I hope you guys don't mind me running this by you. I really respect your opinion. I have no association with this company by the way.

Hi Kurt,
    It was good talking with you today and thanks your interest in our CNC Router Systems. Following is some basic information and current pricing on the 4X8 Router. I have also attached a brochure for you.

This system, perfect for the sign industry, wood worker, cabinet maker and machine shop; offers full three dimensional carvings and flat cut outs in plastics, wood, romark, mdf, sign foam, aluminum, foams etc.

This is a 3 Axis Ball Screw Drive system. We use only welded steel frames for greater stability and accuracy. Ultra Smooth Micro Stepper Drives, High Torque Motors and Harden Steel rails make this a powerful performer at a very affordable price.

2010 Integrated Router System

• <LI class=MsoNormal>Active Transit Speed 700 IPM. <LI class=MsoNormal>Mechanical home switches <LI class=MsoNormal>Ball Screw on X, Y and Z axis <LI class=MsoNormal>Power 220
    • Easy to use G-code controller
    The 4X8 Renegade XR System including, Software and 31/2 HP Router is currently available for only $8,595.

Your router has the industrys only TWO Year bullet proof warranty with an extended warranty available. Free Lifetime Technical Support is provided and onsite training is available.

If you would like to take advantage of this sale price let me know and I will prepare a detailed quote showing everything you will get with your new system. As of this afternoon we have two in stock ready to ship.

If you have any questions, just ask. I am happy to help.!

Thanks again!
    -Keith
    Last edited by Kurt Rosenzweig; 07-13-2010 at 12:30 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Rosenzweig View Post
    Your router has the industrys only TWO Year bullet proof warranty
    CAMaster machines come with a 2-yr warranty standard, don't they?

I suppose if you're going to make stuff up or not check facts, might as well do it BIG...
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

Shopbot has a 2 year warranty also and very good support. Is this router from China and How much is shipping and import tax.

Kurt,
    I have a 4x8 w/6hp spindle and vac table Vortech.
    I use it about every week and it does pretty well. When I first got it I had quite a few problems with it. Keith did send new parts and pieces and still does when I need something.I knew nothing about CNC routers when I got it and kinda learned the hard way.
    You get what you pay for........ I just sent my deposit to CAMaster for a new router and am eager to get it!

Don't get me wrong I do make money in my shop with my vortech but there are headaches involved along the way. I will more than likely keep it even after I get the new one to do some stuff. But it might be for sale.....

Good luck! and if you get one and need help don't hesitate to contact me and I will try to help all I can!

Best,
    Nick

Ya know! This is why this is the best BB on the net. All the input from people that have been there means everything.

There is also a thread about Vortech on cnczone...

If you look on ebay it seems like they have added a downgraded machine to their line...

Gene
    Creative Woodwork and Design
    Vector Studio 22

in november of 2007 i purchased a US made CAMaster and have been one happy camper since, obviously this makes be biased after that date. prior to that purchase i came close to two other router purchases, this is one of them

in 07 i had gotten a cahiers check to purchase one of these routers when someone pointed out some previous legal troubles the owners of "sonic", "vortech" were having with a good many undelivered machinesand the local police department i obtained a copy of the arrest report and what i was told by the salemen was far less than the truth at the time. i cashed my check and kept looking.

since then i have helped my share of vortech owners get thier machines running or find parts due to non response by the company, at this point i wold reccommend going to the shop in new hampshire, have the machin checked out independently and taking the router you see in front of you with you after payment, these routers are not the mid to top of the jinhan routers

this is the copy of a recent add on ebay for the sale of a vortech, there are others like this, if you want i believe this one is still available in california.

one other small tidbit, there is no direct link nor name to vortech on the ebay listing, as most people will never check out a 100% approval rating then click on the item purchased by the purchaser, it is a spoon! all others are private. if you follw the trail to the private purchaser one will find they sell spoons and small computer components generally from china, but nothing to do with cnc

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...%3DI%26otn%3D1

"For sale is a 6 foot by twelve foot router made by Vortech Routers. It has the vacuum table option, and the larger router motor. Vortech sells these routers here on ebay. I recieved this unit in December, but I never hooked it up. It is new, but I feel that it is only fair to point out some of the problems that will have to be addressed.
    The cable chain fitting on the gantry was damaged in shipping, as you can see in the photo. It needs to be replaced anyway, since it was made out of very thin metal.
    The cable track is badly bent. Oddly, it was not damaged in shipping, it was bent prior to painting at the factory.
    The vacuum piping is cracked because it was routed at such odd angles. It need to be redone with some flexible piping.
    The cable chain fitting seems to be missing where it attaches to the gantry coming from the control box.
    The Table sags 1/4" side to side.
    If you need a router, and are willing to fix the problems with this one, and also willing to put up with Vortech's customer service, this router should work for you. Local pick up, I can load it on your truck for you for free."
    Last edited by james mcgrew; 07-14-2010 at 7:03 AM.

Short term cost savings can end up costing more in the long run.

If your buying a machine for a buisness, buy only the best. A broken down machine, with a job on the line will only cost you money. When you have a serious problem that isn't easy to fix, you will want a company that can trouble shoot the problem and get you the parts you need ASAP.

Even the best machines aren't immune from problems from time to time, but what is most important is getting back up and running. A single job can make you more money than your machine cost so you want it to be running, when that client comes through the door.

Do some research on different machines in your price range, and look past a companies marketing hype for a proven track record of quality and support. Can't offer any comments on Vortech but I will say I am very happy with my Shopbot.
    Last edited by Michael Schwartz; 07-14-2010 at 9:19 AM.
    Hardware - Shopbot PRSstandard 48x96 with PC router.
    Software - Aspire 2.5, Partworks, Cut 3D, Photo V-Carve
    Open Source/Free - Inkscape, Open Office.