Thread: Minor Gloat & Question

Minor Gloat & Question

SWMBO brought this home for me today because she knows I like old tool chests. She thought maybe $18 was too much to pay.

Any idea on the use of the saw in the last picture?
    Attached Images Attached Images

A broken off keyhole saw that someone has tried poorly to make into a flooring type saw that you can start through a thickness of material without a hole??? I think that type chest is a pattern maker's chest,though I have seen one in use by an old time furniture maker/repairer. It wasn't his only chest,though. He also had a proper carpenter's chest. Workers acquire odd things as they go along.
    Last edited by george wilson; 07-13-2010 at 11:02 PM.

I agree with George!

Here is an atkins floor saw.

Jr.
    Hand tools are very modern- they are all cordless
    NORMAL is just a setting on the washing machine.
    Be who you are and say what you feel... because those that matter... don't mind...and those that mind...don't matter!
    By Hammer and Hand All Arts Do Stand

Quote Originally Posted by harry strasil View Post
    I agree with George!

Here is an atkins floor saw.

And I thought there was no Western equivalent to the Japanese mitsubishi azhibiski, whatever, whatever floor saw....

Learn sump'n new every day.

Maybe?

On Pat Leache's list this month was this Disston beading saw. Maybe it was used for that?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by george wilson View Post
    A broken off keyhole saw that someone has tried poorly to make into a flooring type saw that you can start through a thickness of material without a hole??? I think that type chest is a pattern maker's chest,though I have seen one in use by an old time furniture maker/repairer. It wasn't his only chest,though. He also had a proper carpenter's chest. Workers acquire odd things as they go along.

Darn. You were suppose to tell me it was a super rare, one of a kind, worth a million dollars saw.

Thanks for the info.