Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Thread: Coolmeadow Creations Shop Rehab

Wow...love that overarm blade guard system...I long to have one of those someday. I had a pretty good weekend....snagged a Delta tabletop router/shaper for $50.

Nice cabinet work on that addition to the TS!

That sounds like a great find Kelly! How is it working for you?

Well, I finished painting last weekend, and got the cab part installed. Finished the drawers after work this week, then tweaked them to fit properly today. DSCN2644.jpg I need to do some touch ups. And the fit isn't perfect, but it works. I need to get some of the toolbox liner material to put in the drawers. Drawers have 2 coats of water based poly on all surfaces. DSCN2647.jpg DSCN2648.jpg The bottom door just pops into place and is held there by 2 magnetic catches. DSCN2649.jpg Works better than I thought it would. When my pivot system didn't work for the bottom, I figured I'd need 2 more of the catches, but I think not at this time.
    The drawer pulls match the ones on the router table doors/drawers. Only these are painted green to match the green on the base. The body color of the cabinet was matched to the motor cover on the saw, but isn't that close. She kept adding to the original mix, and it looked very close wet. But after 2 coats and decent drying, it looks a lot grayer than the saw. But it will do fine. The runners for the casters to slide in on have pieces of PTEG on top of them so that the paint won't get scratched off. Wish I had a big piece for the top shelf for the Smart Miter to sit on. DSCN2646.jpgI'll have to look for something to put up there.
    I still need to get some 1/4" for the back, so it's not totally finished yet. I might add some ply to block off the ducting from the casters, as that will be hard to cut the 1/4" ply to fit around. Bocking that off would also give me a small spot to be able to store something. We'll see.
    Hope you are having a great weekend! Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

So far so good Jim!

One of these days I need to get over your way to see the shop....sure is looking nice.

Thanks Kelly. And as I've said before, I'd love for you to come by for a visit. But I know how life is. I've been wanting to get together with Bill Huber at one of our shops for some time now. And we both live in Ft. Worth! Only time we've been face to face was in Arlington when Ken Fitzgerald was in the area and 5 of us got together for lunch and some quality time at Rockler. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

I remember and it's on my list. Going to be over there on Saturday the 11 of July to get my truck computer tuned. Maybe we can get together after that. Should be around 11:30-12n.

Thanks for the update I really like the cabinet.

Thanks Van.
    Kelly, that isn't my Saturday to work, so I should be at the house. Remind me a week or so before. Where are you getting the truck computer worked on? Jim.

Lookin great Jim.

Wow. Two things...

First it looks fantastic.

Second. Are you ever going to be done with this? And I know the answer is no. No shop is ever truly done until the shop owner is pushing up daisies...
    Trying to follow the example of the master...

Thanks guys. David, you should hear how my wife asks that question!!! Jim.

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    Quote Originally Posted by David Hostetler View Post
    Wow. Two things...

First it looks fantastic.

Second. Are you ever going to be done with this? And I know the answer is no. No shop is ever truly done until the shop owner is pushing up daisies...
    The Creek was only a year and a half old when he started this thread.
    Looking good Jim!
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by Jim O'Dell View Post
    Thanks guys. David, you should hear how my wife asks that question!!! Jim.
    I can imagine... Just smile and let her know you will be done with that, when she is done with (insert shoes, purses, fancy cookware whatever she is into here...). Um... Find a nice way to say that though... I don't want to start any marital spats....
    Trying to follow the example of the master...

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Page View Post
    The Creek was only a year and a half old when he started this thread.
    Looking good Jim!
    Now that's scary!! I guess when I get finished, I'll end the thread.
    This is what happens when you have a dream, but limited funds and work by yourself. I'll quote my third sentence of the first post in this thread: Note that this will be a very slow process!! And it has been!!
    Jim.
    Last edited by Jim O'Dell; 05-21-2010 at 10:53 PM.

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    Keep ‘em coming Jim. We’ve enjoyed the journey.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Had planned to start the extension table replacement for the new saw this weekend, and build a hatch type door to start finishing the enclosure for the cyclone closet. One out of two's not bad. Got the basic structure of the table built yesterday. It's nice and flat! Then the LOML found some retaining wall blocks we could use on CL. Went to get them and they are the real small ones, not the 8X12x4 that he said they were. That shot 2 hours this am. So I'm not sure if I'll get the hatch door started or not. We'll see.
    These two pictures show the cuts and the internal webbing dry fitted.dscn2657.jpgdscn2658.jpg The next two are during the gluing and fastening session. DSCN2660.jpgDSCN2662.jpg
    I've got some of the brads to pull out that went sideways. I'll do some Bondo work on the holes from the nails, then final sanding next weekend. It might be a couple weeks before there is enough money in the shop fund to get a sheet of laminate. I also need to order a chamfer bit to do what I want on the front edge.
    Now for lunch, and I still need to mow! Jim.