Thread: Electric Razor Question

Electric Razor Question

Does anyone have any idea why ladies electric razors don't have those rotary head thingies? I'm just curious. Shaving kneecaps would be a whole lot easier if they did.

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

Belinda,
    I have wondered the same thing. The rotary head razors can irritate the skin and do not do a good job of cutting hair if it grows a little long.
    I have always wondered why the ladies in my life don't try a man's razor. I have been using a Norelco triple head razor for years and have offered it to them but they have all refused. It doesn't really do that good of a job on my face, if I want a close shave I shave first with the Norelco and finish with one of the new 5 blade Gillette razors.
    David B

Quote Originally Posted by David G Baker View Post
    Belinda,
    I have wondered the same thing. The rotary head razors can irritate the skin and do not do a good job of cutting hair if it grows a little long.
    I have always wondered why the ladies in my life don't try a man's razor. I have been using a Norelco triple head razor for years and have offered it to them but they have all refused. It doesn't really do that good of a job on my face, if I want a close shave I shave first with the Norelco and finish with one of the new 5 blade Gillette razors.
    +1 My wife discovered quickly that my used mach 3 razors were still working better than most razors she bought new. Maybe I have baby skin on my face but once I've used one enough to where it starts to irritate me it has quite a bit of life left in it for leg shaving.

I have no personal experience... But my understanding is that it is both a different kind of skin but also a different kind of hair.

On the other hand different guys have different toughness of beard, so maybe that understanding was based on bad information...

...art (still uses a Gillette Trac-II...)
    "It's Not About You."

Any of you guys ever considered getting a face wax? You could probably go for a week or so without shaving.

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    Bella Terra

Quote Originally Posted by Art Mulder View Post
    I have no personal experience...
    Well, uhh,,, as a guy I might have a little experience shaving legs.
    I, uhh,, did it for 25+ years. I lalways found a razor worked better than an electric.

It's Okay though. Honest! I was a bicyclist and shaved legs facilitate sports massage, and when you crash you just sort of slide along the pavement and burn, instead of having the hair get caught in the asphalt and rip out skin.

So, uhh... How 'bout those Bears.
    "The first thing you need to know, will likely be the last thing you learn." (Unknown)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Cutler View Post
    I, uhh,, did it for 25+ years. I lalways found a razor worked better than an electric.

It's Okay though. Honest! I was a bicyclist and shaved legs facilitate sports massage, and when you crash you just sort of slide along the pavement and burn, instead of having the hair get caught in the asphalt and rip out skin.

I gotta' say, Mike, it takes a real man to admit to leg shaving experience!

I just don't get that all women's electric razors seem to hit about a quarter of an inch of skin on any given pass. If they could be made flexible somehow it wouldn't take me an hour to take care of my legs! Maybe I should move somewhere that it's really cold.

Bella Terra

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Cutler View Post

Oh what the hell, most serious body builders have been shaving all body hair for years. No big. I knew a couple of guys at golds gym in Oakland who shaved it all with a strait razor with help on the back. Lord knows I miss the days of a barber shave.
    Last edited by Charlie Reals; 07-15-2010 at 4:34 PM. Reason: added content

Quote Originally Posted by Belinda Williamson View Post
    Any of you guys ever considered getting a face wax? You could probably go for a week or so without shaving.
    No, butt in a moment of whatever name one might put to it, I allowed a grandaughter who was in beauty school to wax my eye brows. We never did that again AND she still waves a jar of wax at me and roflhao.

Belinda,
    You have another choice than cold country. Hairy legs on women are common at Berkeley Campus in California.
    You can shoot me but never wax my face or body cause I am too big a wimp.
    David B

Quote Originally Posted by David G Baker View Post
    Belinda,
    You have another choice than cold country. Hairy legs on women are common at Berkeley Campus in California.
    You can shoot me but never wax my face or body cause I am too big a wimp.

Berkley . . . somewhere you will never find me!

Bella Terra

Gad!!! Women MUST be a lot tougher than men.. I could just cringe and roll into a fetal position thinking about someone ripping a brazilian hair clump from the........
    Epilog 24TT(somewhere between 35-45 watts), CorelX4, Photograv(the old one, it works!), HotStamping, Pantograph, Vulcanizer, PolymerPlatemaker, Sandblasting Cabinet, and a 30 year collection of Assorted 'Junque'

Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

I Have to think outside the box.. I don't fit in it anymore

Experience is a wonderful thing.
    It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Every silver lining has a cloud around it

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    Belinda, how about this? Remington Women's Rotary Shaver
    Please help support the Creek.

"The older I get, the better I used to be."
    Lee Trevino

Thanks, Bruce. I read the reviews. I guess no razor is perfect but this one sounds pretty good.

Now, the question of the day . . . Did Santa ride a Remington or a Norelco? I think it was Norelco.

Bella Terra