Thread: Router Raizer

Router Raizer

Preparing to buy the Woodpeck LE table and wonder what opinions are concerning the difference between the Router Raizer lift for the Hitachi M12V router I'm going to install compared to the "plunge-lift" plate?

The dollar difference is about $40. I think that for the extrta $40 I'd be better off with the plunge lift but if the Router Raizer works equally as well, why not save the $40?

Opinions please?

Jerry

I have a Hitachi M12 with a Router Razier in a Sommerfelds table and like it. Have had no problems with it.

Tom

Not sure if the le table comes with a plate or not but the RR does not come with it and the Plunge Lift does, I also have the m12 and am using a PL it works well for me, seems to be a popular combo. I originally bought the RR but did not look at it close enough and didn't realize it did not come with a plate so it was a simple choice for me the price of the plate brought it up to the same price of the PL and after looking at it IMO the PL is a better unit.
    Larry

I've got the plunge-lift with a Dewalt 625. Works really well. Adjusts easily and accuratly. No Problems with it at all. No experience with any other type though.

Dean
    Just Remember.....No Matter Where You Go.......There You Are

Jerry, if you plan to get the Woodpecker table, I bet it is pre set for their router plate. Make sure the Router Raizer will fit that opening. It may not, and then you'd be in a world of hurt. If it's true that the router raizer doesn't come with a plate, and the plate brings it up to the same price as the Woodpecker plunge lift, I'd go Woodpecker all the way. I bought one of their scratch and dent PRL's for my PC 7518. Awsome piece of machinery. You might look on their Specials page. Might have a plunge lift for a little less. My PRL had a few scuff type scratches and saved me about $70.00! Jim.

I've had a Router Raizer on my table for about 5 years now and never had any trouble with it. It's on Ryobi RE600 router as opposed to the Hitachi M12V. Works great.

Mike

Works great! I have them both Hitachi M12 with a Router Razier but I build my own router table for it.

Jerry, unless something has changed, (and I don't think it has), The "Router Raizer" is a Lift kit Only, for a plunge router, (no plate included). The Woodpecker PRL is both a heavy anodized aluminum plate with the lift built in to attach to the plunge router, and it comes with three excellent inserts, which are the best made that I've seen. If you are already planning to get Woodpecker's Table, I would definitely go with the PRL, as it will be a matched setup and should cost about the same when you figure the Raizer, and a mounting plate for it.

I recommended the M-12V and the PRL to my WW Buddy, and he got both last week. We made the PW sheet breakdown cuts yesterday to build his router table. The PRL lift and plate is a really nice well built unit. My Buddy said it was almost too pretty to use.