Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Trouble making breakfast... please help.

My wife refuses to leave. Whats your secret???

Bowls require an intermediate skill level. I suggest using a plate (round and somewhat flat) until you get the hang of it.
    Measure twice, cut three times, start over. Repeat as necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell Andrus View Post
    Maybe I need some thicker milk - like in a tube also.
    Just leave a quart in the fridge for a few months and it will take on a nice thick consistency.

BTW, I think they call that cottage cheese.
    It’s only work if somebody makes you do it.
    A day can really slip by when you're deliberately avoiding what you're supposed to do.
    Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side and it binds the universe together.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Peterson View Post
    Bowls require an intermediate skill level. I suggest using a plate (round and somewhat flat) until you get the hang of it.
    Ah.... tried those flat-bowls a while ago with some tomato soup. Made one heckofa mess.
    "I love the smell of sawdust in the morning".
    Robert Duval in "Apileachips Now". - almost.

Laserpro Spirit 60W laser, Corel X3
    Missionfurnishings, Mitchell Andrus Studios, NC

Just a quick question based on the picture. Does your wife put the glasses and dishes in the cabinet upside down? You may find your solution by studying that issue. Keep in mind that the orange juice and milk in the refrigerator are almost certainly stored right side up.

By the way, merry Christmas to you.
    Please consider becoming a contributing member of Sawmill Creek.
    The cost is minimal and the benefits are real. Donate

Quote Originally Posted by John Schreiber View Post
    Just a quick question based on the picture. Does your wife put the glasses and dishes in the cabinet upside down? You may find your solution by studying that issue. Keep in mind that the orange juice and milk in the refrigerator are almost certainly stored right side up.

By the way, merry Christmas to you.
    Oh, my..... that's it. My mom stored everything so it caught the dust.

Problem solved, only took 27 years to figure that out. No more eating in the shadows hidden from the prying eyes of those who would mock me. .....Laughing at my unfortunate encumbrance. Giggling.... giggling.... Taunting. They will regret their ways.

Well!

... Tomorrow, we tackle that pineapple upside-down cake recipe again. Maybe with a little luck....

If I put the serial on the bowl and put the milk on it, it gets all over the counter.
    You have probably been watching Australian TV. Since they are upside down you have to rotate everything 180 degrees for it to work in our hemisphere.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Belinda Williamson View Post
    Y'all just need to be a little patient with Mitchell. He's just special, bless his heart. There aren't a lot of things to do in the cereal offenders home so he has to amuse himself as best he can.

Mitchell, sweetie, go and organize your closet. It will take your mind off of your serial issues.
    I think he needs to switch to eating grits.......
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

9. you are doing it right.
    The best way to use the bowl is what you did there because it prevents the milk from getting the cereal soggy.
    Same with them milk in the glass. All those calories are against the new BMI index laws that are being promulgated and will only subject you to a whole slew of taxes to offset the injury all that blubber will do to the common good, or some other pointless super ethical line of logic.

So all in all you are spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Schierer View Post
    I think he needs to switch to eating grits.......
    Uggggh. GRITS!

I've tried.... I've yet to have grits that don't feel like beach sand mixed into Cream of Wheat.

<New Jersey boy ducking for cover>

Quote Originally Posted by David Cefai View Post
    You have probably been watching Australian TV. Since they are upside down you have to rotate everything 180 degrees for it to work in our hemisphere.

Oh... No you don't David. Can't fool me again on that one.

I stood on my head and everything went up my nose. Oh, no.... Can't fool me twice.

David,

5 years in the Deep South. I tried grits every possible way you can eat them. I finally found a method I can handle.

While driving down the highway, find any and all road kill. Doesn't matter what it is or how long it has been there, you need it. The longer it has been there, the softer it will be and the more flavor it wil provide for those grits. This is important David as you are well aware.

Take the road kill and place it in a cast iron skillet or pot. Salt and pepper the road kill and cover with water. Bring to a boil and keep it at a rolling boil for about 45 minutes.

Now add the grits and 1/4 lb. of butter. Reduce heat and allow it to cook for another 30 minutes.

At this point, separate the road kill from the grits. Throw out the grits and eat the road kill.

It works well with possum, racoon, muskrat, badger, groundhog, squirrel and field mice. I'll bet it will work with roadkill venison too!
    Last edited by Ken Fitzgerald; 07-19-2010 at 10:12 AM.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

I never met a grit I didn't like!

Actually, that isn't true. I can't stand the instant grits that come in the little paper packets. I also don't like grits prepared at most restaurants. If I cook them I love grits! Yummy, Yummy in my tummy! Especially cheese grits or shrimp and grits. Grits, smoked sausage that my cousin makes and sells, and scrambled eggs - all smushed together (just use the tabletop, Mitchell). Too bad I started a diet this morning!

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

Blog Entries
    Reminds me of a neighbor when I was a young'un... he wasn't the sharpest tack in the drawer. My brother (4 years older than me) was known for his cooking skills, even at the young age of 12. (Man, even thinking NOW how young everyone was and trying to cook, we must have been mental!)

The tack, a couple of years my brother's senior, came over in a tizzy one day exclaiming his oven was on fire. When my brother went to find out what happened and discovered a lot of smoke roiling out of the oven. It seems this bright bulb wished to recreate my brother's yummy peanut butter cookie recipe... by slapping a number of scoops of peanut butter onto a cookie sheet and cranking up the stove. The sheet was one of those types that had a missing side, and when the PB melted, it dripped off of the sheet's edge and onto the heating element. Viola! Instant smoke.
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

I get it now!!!

The grits are to cover whatever is stuck to the plate from the week before so you don't notice.

Clever southerners, I'll tell ya. In the noth, we just place our dishes in the dishwasher and add SOAP.