Thread: What to make with my new wood?

What to make with my new wood?

I just aquired a entire 16' trailer full, about 2 ft high of mostly mesquite and black walnut. There was some cedar and some birdseye maple in there to, but mostly mesquite and then the walnut. The mesqiute is all rough cut and the walnut is all planed and sraight lined. The walnut ra nges in size 8/4 thick by 10'' eight foot to 4/4 thick by 8'' 12 foot long. What would be your first project? I estimate there is about 1200 to 1500 bf. There is atleast 300 bf of the 2 inch thick eight foot long walnut.
    Shawn Stennett

My favorite quote "Letz go in shop to fixz DaDa" My son

The first thing you should make is MONEY. Clean that stuff up and offer some for sale. I know I would be interested in some for bowls.
    Jim
    Nashville, TN
    I couldn't fix your brakes, so I made your horn louder.

I like making tables so I would make a table with a floating top.

wow, my two favorite woods in thick form! Definitely make use of that thick stock to make a massive table. Then I'd think about a desk that somehow shows off the thick slab. I'd love to see walnut and mesquite combined in a rustic look.
    Thread on "How do I pickup/move XXX Saw?" http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?p=597898

Compilation of "Which Band Saw to buy?" threads http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...028#post692028

I am sure all that wood is going to take up a lot of space. Now I wouldn't do this for just anyone but I guess I could come down and get the stuff out of your way.

I guess to answer you question "What to make with my new wood" You could make another Creeker really happy

Really nice load of wood, now I guess I would be looking at a table or a real nice entertainment center to start with.

Isn't the mesquite for grilling? you should make some burgers with that. sorry... nothing more constructive to add.

lets see ........................ best use of that load of wood would be ship it to NC for storage

Hmmmmm. This sounds like a stealth gloat, and without pics....hmmmmmm.
    I drink, therefore I am.