Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: another gimmick

another gimmick

that is supposed to replace COMMON SENSE.

http://www.finewoodworking.com/item/...locks-kickback
    Jr.
    Hand tools are very modern- they are all cordless
    NORMAL is just a setting on the washing machine.
    Be who you are and say what you feel... because those that matter... don't mind...and those that mind...don't matter!
    By Hammer and Hand All Arts Do Stand

April Fools!

I think this is a joke. The posting date was April 1st. The "inventor" is Reuben Goldberg (Rube Goldberg). It reads like a parody.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Wurster View Post
    I think this is a joke. The posting date was April 1st. The "inventor" is Reuben Goldberg (Rube Goldberg). It reads like a parody.
    If it isn't a joke, it sure has some amazing coincidences/ and the timing was priceless... Considering Reuben Goldberg designed it I wonder how many moving parts it has

How would you like to get hit with a cast iron panel moving 85 mph? I bet you have a lot of control with those nice long push sticks, too!

Sorry to say Harry common sense died some time ago, no wake or fair wells.
    I spend approx. 20% of my time writing procedures, thoughtless employees continue to amaze me.

Ray
    Just trying to learn

Jr. just brought this thing to my attention. I think it is one of the most ridiculous inventions I've yet seen. Someone is going to get whacked by this iron plate and sue them.

Before that happens,though,someone had better get the idiot spectators to stand elsewhere,don't you think?? It might get that woman's note book all bloody.

P.S.:I want to know what happens when the iron plat flies up and the board is TOO LONG. It goes up over the top of the plate,and the operator gets the board in the face,or throat? Maybe in the eye???

When cutting a bunch of short pieces,I sometimes lean against the front edge of the saw. What then,?????
    Last edited by george wilson; 07-20-2010 at 1:11 PM.

COMMON SENSE:
    I don't there is any left in the world any more.
    Good Luck:
    Don Selke

Julius A. Dooman & Son Woodworking
    My Mentor, My teacher. "Gone but not forgotton"

Talking

Aw c'mon, it's a joke!! Besides, how could you not love the cast iron skeet approach to self protection?

I read this back on April one. My reaction was;

Then I read all the comments people posted thinking this was a terrible invention. My reaction was;

I think a sense of humor went out the window with common sense.

Stop stop stop stop - it'a a joke!!!!!!!!!!

This is not serious, it's an APRIL FOOL'S DAY JOKE. It did take me in though until I saw the date. IT'S A JOKE IT'S A JOKE IT'S A JOKE IT'S A JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't see it was done in April!!

Man that's funny. What's funnier is seeing all the donuts go off the handle in the comments underneath about what a bad idea it is! The 2-ft long push sticks are a dead-giveaway.

I posted an April Fool's joke, and it raised a few laughs (basically I made a Harbor Freight dust collector into an imposter), but there still people asking where I got a RIDGID dust collector well after I admitted it was a joke.

If you look at the guy really close in the last picture, he has a small smirk on his face. That's how you can tell it's a joke. It takes a real sick person to smirk when a piece of wood is coming at your....ball peen hammer...
    I'm a Joe of all trades. It's a first, it'll catch on.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Overton View Post
    I read this back on April one. My reaction was;

Then I read all the comments people posted thinking this was a terrible invention. My reaction was;

I think a sense of humor went out the window with common sense.
    What he said.

April 1st post date should be the big giveaway it's a joke.
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

Either staged, or the guy second from the left has some amazing reflexes. His hands are in his pockets for the first two shots.
    Darnell