Thread: Bridge City HP-6 Multi Plane

Bridge City HP-6 Multi Plane

Is there somebody that has bought one of these? What was included in your order with the basic multi plane body? Did it come with 1 set of sole bases and an iron? Did it come with the depth fence and fence guides?

thanks
    Tom

After introduced, I ordered one and sent it back. Even though my hands aren't the largest, it was too small for my hands.

Now if I recall correctly, the basic plane was just the body. The iron(s), sole(s), fence(s), etc. were all "accessories" at additional cost.

It appears that it is still the same -- from the Bridge City Tool web page for the HP6 Multi-plane:

"The HP-6 Mini Multi-Plane functions as a small plane system featuring interchangeable soles and mated, self-indexing irons. The HP-6 body is designed to accept precisely fitted irons so lateral adjustments are not required or needed.
    "Note: The HP-6 body alone is not a functional tool. It requires a Sole & Iron for use."
    www.bridgecitytools.com/Products/HP-6+Plane+Body/HP-6+Mini+Multi-Plane+Body

Same with the "new and improved" HP-2V2:
    "No plane iron or soles come with the body. Please peruse the profiles we have available and choose the size(s) that best fit your needs."
    http://www.bridgecitytools.com/Produ...6v2+Plane+Body
    Last edited by Ray Newman; 07-24-2010 at 12:46 AM.

Go with the HP 2v2, as ALL the soles are compatible with it... the original HP was being phased out. Unless you want a dedicated, sole purpose plane.

While my HP 2v2 is a bit finnicky, I would say overall, its a very good product considering the price...as you know, most BCT products carry very high price tags...but this plane really offers value, doing some unique cuts... I like its versatility a lot... and btw, there is very often sales on the soles...