Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Laser Power Meter

I guess Epilog used to do that before. My machine is a Epilog 45TT (45 watt machine) but the tube inside is a 40W tube, When I asked them about it they told me they measure the output and that's how they classify the machines... I thought that was not right. I am sure there is some consumer protection law against that. I dont think they are still doing that now.

Kim

Blog Entries
    Kim,

All tubes have a small window of power range due to the construction methods and materials used (one surface isn't perfectly mirrored at the correct angle, the next batch of gas is slightly off, etc.). That's the reason why two tubes designed in exactly the same manner can be 10-20% different in power levels. If Epilog chooses to use a nominal 40W cartridge that measure 45W and call it a 45W machine, that's their prerogative. I don't know about any manufacturer other than ULS, but I do know ULS accepts anything within +/- 10% of the rated value to be acceptable... they also choose to downrate their tubes in almost every case so no one can come back and say they were ripped off. My 60W cartridge lases at 70W+...
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

Whether or not this is Epilog position, is up to them, I mearly stated what I was told by EL support. I am not trying to throw any EL techs under the bus, they are the best in the business, but just passing along what I was told. When I tested my summits on the synrad power meter they tested at 6 watts on a 25 watt machine, yes I know they are dinosaurs, but they work fantastic and there is no way they are only putting out 6 watts. I have had these machines in production for 10 yrs and both still produce the same way as the day I got them.

Epilog Fusion Fiber 30 watt
    Epilog 36 EXT 75 watt
    Epilog 36 EXT 60watt x 2
    Epilog 32Ex 60watt (new tube, putting out 72 watts)
    Epilog Summit 25watt x2
    IL-60 2 x 100 watts 60" x 120"
    Corel X6
    Adobe CS6 Master Edition
    "http://www.sawmillcreek.org/friends.php?id=128