Thread: Delta Splitter/ShopFox 1677 (Grizzly 1023)??

Delta Splitter/ShopFox 1677 (Grizzly 1023)??

I just took delivery of my new ShopFox 1677 tablesaw and would like to put on an aftermarket splitter. I seem to remember somebody posting that the Delta splitter would work with this saw (which is basically the Grizzly 1023), but I can't seem to come across the post. Any ShopFox/Grizzly owners out there that have used it???

Quote Originally Posted by Jim VanBramer
    I just took delivery of my new ShopFox 1677 tablesaw and would like to put on an aftermarket splitter. I seem to remember somebody posting that the Delta splitter would work with this saw (which is basically the Grizzly 1023), but I can't seem to come across the post. Any ShopFox/Grizzly owners out there that have used it???
    I have a Biesemeyer splitter that I believe was intended for
    a Delta table saw on my Griz 1023. It works great. This is
    not the quick release version, it has a knurled nut that you
    must tighten down to hold the splitter in place.

This past weekend I decided that I needed a splitter to
    use with the Grr-Rippers. I took a hack saw to the Griz
    splitter to make a small fin that is adjustable in height
    from about 1" down to 1/2" or so. I'm able to leave it
    on most of the time.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Jim VanBramer

Congratulations on your new saw. You're really gonna like it. I've had mine for about two years now, and it's been great.

As for the splitter, I used the Delta removeable splitter that's part of the Uniguard package. Had to punch out the locator pin on the splitter itself, and install it from the other side, but other than that, it bolted right on.

Delta Part Number is 1349941. It was $29.95 when I bought it - probably has gone up a bit by now...

Jim,

I have a Delta splitter on my Griz 1023. If I remember correctly, you'll have to remove a flange that's there to hold the Grizzly safety gear. It just unbolts. The new splitter just bolts right on. Use the supplied allen head bolts.

Mark in Austin,TX