Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: All is not well at Harbor Freight Tools

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Karachio View Post
    This is exactly why I refuse to leave my personal fortune to my son. He needs to pay his own dues and build his own industrial empire. Giving him mine will teach him nothing!
    Whenever I threaten my son with writing him out of my will he cheers, "Hooray, less debt!"

FYI, I guess it didn't quite come through with text, but I was joking a bit since I do not have a fortune or industrial empire! However, I am all for hard work by any kid whether a dad is rich or poor. I grew up with rich brats and not being one myself was probably the one thing I can hang on to and depend on.

I inherited the family fortune and I went through it very quickly. I guess $12 doesn't go so far anymore!

The "kid" went nuts! It's beyond stupid, it is more pathological. Zero sense of self control. Like Real House Wives and Husbands of Harbor Freight.

Perhaps a sense of irony can be appreciated here. I have to imagine that when he hired people to work on all those mansions, they were not using HF tools - probably Festool and all the other high end stuff! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Lehnert View Post
    Just like any other place you have to judge each item on it's own. Amazes me how many people will spend big $$$$ on a tool because it says Snap-On when it may be a re-badged tool that can be had for half the cost elsewhere.
    I have their DC and their big 6" x 48" Belt and 9" Disc Combination Sander and am very happy with both. The sander sells for $189 before the obligatory 20% off coupon. I checked a variety of forums and the general consensus was favorable so I took the plunge. For $150 bucks I think I got a pretty good deal.
    I also have a whole bunch of their clamps, most of which cost between $1.99 and $6.99. Hard to beat those prices. If and when they break, I just toss them and buy another without crying like I would if it were a $25-$30 Bessey.

Here is a good resource to read through before deciding to buy something from HF.

http://www.toolcrib.com/blog/2008/08...d-the-abysmal/
    "I've cut the dang thing three times and it's STILL too darn short"
    Name withheld to protect the guilty

Stew Hagerty