Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best all around Jigsaw

Best all around Jigsaw

Ok my black and decker died. Time for a new jigsaw. Uses...just about everything from cutting hardiboard to curved cuts in hardwoods. Thought I would run it by the Creeker's for some good suggestions.

Thanks to all

2. Bosch for sure.

I have never regretted my Bosch. Most reviews I've read have put it on par with the Festool in everything but dust collection.

http://www.amazon.com/Bosch-1591EVSK...sr=8-2-catcorr

I went with a DeWalt...

...and have been happy.

http://www.amazon.com/DEWALT-DW331K-...0282491&sr=8-3

Good Luck with your choice...

Bosch 1590 or 1591 depending on whether you prefer top handle or barrel grip. They have the blade guides, similar to a bandsaw to hold the blade straighter. Bosch also makes excellent blades.

Budget makes a big difference...

$150 Bosch
    $300 Festool

Less than $150 has its own options but not so clear cut, depending on the price range.

For someone with a bandsaw and not in the habit of doing on-site installs the Bosch is probably as much saw as one will ever need and quite frankly probably more than they really need again if they have a bandsaw.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Schwarzkopf View Post
    I have never regretted my Bosch. Most reviews I've read have put it on par with the Festool in everything but dust collection.

http://www.amazon.com/Bosch-1591EVSK...sr=8-2-catcorr
    I'll second this on the Bosch and I own other Festool stuff. No need for me to switch. Plus they have some nice new "chip free" blades.

Im waiting for the new festool carvex jigsaw. looks genious!

Quote Originally Posted by Eiji Fuller View Post
    Im waiting for the new festool carvex jigsaw. looks genious!

That indeed looks like a gorgeous tool and as with all Festool products well thought out and ummm expensive.

yep

not long ago there was a 24" scmi bandsaw that could have been had for the price of a new festool jigsaw.

I have the Bosch 1591 EVS (Barrel Grip) and absolutely love it. I did a lot of research before taking the plunge and couldn't be happier. As previously mentioned they also make a D handle version if you prefer.
    Have fun!
    Jim

Bosch !! Have had several in the last 30 years and all have worked great. One got dropped and one got stolen. No fault to Bosch for replacing units.

Bosch -- got three -- Love 'em. Dick B.
    Gain additional features, benefits and ad-free access to SMC -->
    http://www.sawmillcreek.org/donate.php

Until I got my Festool it was Bosch all the way. If you want the best jig saw get the Festool. With the blade guides properly adjusted and the zero clearence insert install you wont believe the cut.

Dont believe all the hype about dust collection on the Festool. If you install all the palstic covers it will pick up 90% of the dust but you wont be able to see the blade all that well.

Blog Entries
    I have the older model DeWalt (D331) and don't care for it. I bought it for $100 refurbed quite a few years ago, but should have spent the extra and bought the Bosch.
    Last edited by Don Dorn; 07-28-2010 at 12:17 PM.