Thread: Shell carving

Shell carving

Hi,I just wanted to drop in to show off some carving that i have just finished for a customer.This is one of two shells that i did with a keystone above,the size of the shell is 28 1/2" across by 14 1/4"tall by 14 1/4" deep.I hope you will enjoy.
    Jeff
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jeff Behan; 07-28-2010 at 11:43 PM. Reason: mispelled carving in title

Very nice work! Thank for sharing!
    Willing to consider trades for Native American Artifacts (arrowheads and such) - Peace!

That's really impressive. How will it be used? What size piece supports something of that size? (Somewhere I've got shell patterns to practice. I'm so far behind on my practice carving. Maybe next year...)
    AKA - "The human termite"

Shell carving

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Nickerson View Post
    That's really impressive. How will it be used? What size piece supports something of that size? (Somewhere I've got shell patterns to practice. I'm so far behind on my practice carving. Maybe next year...)
    Thanks,Chuck,It is one of two i did for a pair of corner cabinets for a house in Newport,RI.The cabinet stands 96" tall by 42" wide,the shells are 24 1/2" wide by 12 1/4" tall by 12 1/4"deep.I only did the shells and the keystones.