Thread: Kawasaki 18V Drill/driver?

Kawasaki 18V Drill/driver?

Has anyone had experience with Kawasaki cordless tools? Specifically the 18V compact Drill/Driver?

I was at Costco today and they had the 18V Cordless Drill/Driver for a surprisingly low price...$39.99. I have needed a new cordless for a while...my 13 year old blue Delta model is pretty much shot...chuck is close to stripped and neither battery will hold a charge for more than 15 minutes. Since I've spent so much energy on larger power tools and specialty hand tools in putting together my shop, the rudimentary drill/driver has been low on the priority list.

I've been burned a few times passing up a Costco special so I can research with the intent of returning to buy later. So, this time I bought one and am hoping it was a good move.

Note: I did see a decent thread about this dating back to 2006...and there were some comments on the true manufacturer , but after 4 years of real shop time some opinions may have changes for the better or worse.
    Last edited by Matt Kestenbaum; 07-29-2010 at 6:17 PM.

Alltrade is the manufacturer.

"Our brand stable includes well-established company-owned brands such as Alltrade®, Powerbuilt®, Team Mechanix® and Tradespro™, as well as licensed national brands such as Snap-on® and Kawasaki™."

http://www.alltradetools.com/index.php/about/