Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Something to share

Something to share

Hi to all,

Pease, feel free to use the attached drawing at anyway you like, if anyone want to...

Some days ago I got an order from my "customer" to cut few doors from laminated wood. He sent me hand drawed sketch and I spent some hours to draw it with CorelDraw. After I finished I tried to reach him to ask if the drawing would be ok, but I never heard from him anymore - he didn't answer to my mail aswell to my call's - obviously his phone number was a fake

So, it was a good lesson for me to be a little more careful with my customer's

Best regards,
    - Hannu
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 07-30-2010 at 9:14 PM.

Wow! Thanks for posting that. Huge amount of work in it. Sorry you got stiffed. Possibly someone else would like to have some doors like that.
    Epilog Legend EXT36-40watt, Corel X4, Canon iPF8000 44" printer,Photoshop CS6, Ioline plotter, Hotronix Swinger Heat Press, Ricoh GX e3300 Sublimation

Quote Originally Posted by Hannu Rinne View Post
    Hi to all,

Pease, feel free to use the attached drawing at anyway you like, if anyone want to...

Some days ago I got an order from my "customer" to cut few doors from laminated wood. He sent me hand drawed sketch and I spent some hours to draw it with CorelDraw. After I finished I tried to reach him to ask if the drawing would be ok, but I never heard from him anymore - he didn't answer to my mail aswell to my call's - obviously his phone number was a fake

So, sometimes s..t happens - it was a good lesson for me to be a little more careful with my customer's

Best regards,
    - Hannu
    Too bad none of the lines are joined together. It would have made a great ventilation grill.

Mark
    ULS X-2 660, Corel X3, Haas VF4, Graphtec vinyl cutter, Xenetech rotaries (3), Dahlgren Tables, Gorton P2-3, New Hermes pantographs (2), and recently, 24" x 36" chinese router. Also do sublimation, sand blasting, & metal photo. Engraver since 1975.

Dang..Mark..right again. I just took a quick look. I didn't look at the objects.
    Epilog Legend EXT36-40watt, Corel X4, Canon iPF8000 44" printer,Photoshop CS6, Ioline plotter, Hotronix Swinger Heat Press, Ricoh GX e3300 Sublimation

Bummer, I know what that's like. That's often a problem with custom work. One thing I learned is watch out for customers who seem a little cagey before engaging in any labor.

Anyone who fails to give a full name in their initial contact email gets ignored. Anyone who sounds clueless gets ignored. Anyone who tries to negotiate by saying they "have a guy who can do it cheaper" gets ignored. Any other tips for who gets ignored, I'd like to know!

Of course, being suspicious doesn't help with customer relations, its a fine balance there. Fortunately I've built my business up to the point where I can be picky about which custom jobs I accept.

Dave
    Epilog 35 W 12x24
    Adobe Illustrator
    Dell PC

Closed curves

Hi Hannu,
    I really liked your design and thought I would close the curves so it can be furthur used as Mark had suggested. This has been saved as Ver. 8 so hopefully all can use it.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Ron
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Epilog Zing 16 (35 Watt)
    Vanguard 3000 (old rotary workhorse)
    Corel Draw 12 & X5
    Sublimation Ricoh GX7000
    Chapellaz's Trophies

Thanks Ron, I was going to do the same thing but you did it for me.

Thank you for sharing the file Hannu.

Fortunately there is only one missing line (as can be seen in the pic) and it is not too difficult to replace.
    It will be ideal for me to use 1/4 of this design on the front of a small box I have been asked to make so thanks once again.

Paul.

Added: Thanks for V8 Ron - now to make the box.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by paul mott; 07-30-2010 at 1:02 PM. Reason: Additional Information.

Show us your finished sample when your done Paul!
    Ron
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Epilog Zing 16 (35 Watt)
    Corel Draw 12 & X5
    Sublimation Ricoh GX7000
    Chapellaz's Trophies

Very nice Hannu, and thanks. Paul, I ran the file in X5 and can't see where you got the uncut line on the lower right quadrant of your photo. It all looks pretty well buttoned up, although I haven't run the file myself. But the area that is uncut, Paul, fills in with color on my end, indicating it is a closed line.
    Life and death don't bother me. It's that little period of time in between that bothers me.

Epilog Mini-24 40w with Rotary, Flame Polisher, CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X6, EngraveSoft, Windows 10 64-bit.

Thank's to all for your kind replys !

I'm sorry that it was/is unfinished drawing ! I didn't believe that my "customer" just would accept it without any changes, so it is some kind of rough plan... And after I couldn't reach him I was so frustrated to this job that I just left it as it is ! Anyway, thank's to Ron for making the drawing useful. Thank's Paul, I really hope that you can make some profit with it

Best regards
    - Hannu

Greg, when I opened Hannu's original file in X5 it had that line missing as well. The only curves that were closed were all of the circles, except for one. Did you possibly grab the modified version I posted? If not, this has me stumped!
    Ron
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Epilog Zing 16 (35 Watt)
    Corel Draw 12 & X5
    Sublimation Ricoh GX7000
    Chapellaz's Trophies

Thank's Hannu, perfect job! And absolutely agree with David!

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Bratton View Post
    Wow! Thanks for posting that. Huge amount of work in it.
    Actually, if you look at again you will see that you only need to create 1/16 of the drawing. This one is pretty simple geometry, much like Frank Lloyd Wright's stained glass panels.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Mitchell Andrus; 07-31-2010 at 8:14 AM.
    "I love the smell of sawdust in the morning".
    Robert Duval in "Apileachips Now". - almost.

Laserpro Spirit 60W laser, Corel X3
    Missionfurnishings, Mitchell Andrus Studios, NC

15. Very clever! Thanks for the file and the education!