Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: How Far From Steve Schlumpf?...

Ok, Ok I am 1134 miles or 19 hrs and 45 mins from Steve.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Ok I guess I got to get in on this game. I am 1575 miles from Steve or about about 1 day and 2 hours.

Alan

Based on the sizable distances that seem to separate most of us from Steve I have a question... Does Steve live at the edge of the Earth? Can you at least see the edge from his house?

OK, what the heck, you made me check. 1,003 miles

Ok, I had to look, and on Google Maps it looks like he lives in Lake Superior. So leaving So Cal I could sail south, through the Panama Canal, up the Atlantic to the Hudson River, through the other Great Lakes and meet him at the dock in about 3 months.

The driving estimate is 1 day 13 hours, but you have to go through Vegas so that could add days....

Sorry Steve, I guess you'll have to remain a virtual friend for the time being.

2330 in case you were wondering.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Please see personal profile for website info.

If I was Steve, I'd say "0 miles from Steve Schlumpf" in my sig.

But I'm not Steve, and I'm 2338 miles west and south of him.

Quote Originally Posted by David E Keller View Post
    Based on the sizable distances that seem to separate most of us from Steve I have a question... Does Steve live at the edge of the Earth? Can you at least see the edge from his house?
    No, but he can see Russia!

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

It's 2194 miles but more in the winter as Highway 4 closes 4 maybe 5 months out of the year. Then ya gotta go around but then you have an easy choice of Tahoe or Reno for a pit stop.

9. Definately needa pass port

I am only 5655Km from steve. the conecting flights alone will drive me insane.

Welcome to Schlumpfland Glenda!!
    ~john
    "There's nothing wrong with Quiet" ` Jeremiah Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by John Hart View Post
    Welcome to Schlumpfland Glenda!!
    Too funny, John! Sounds like a great theme park. The Friendliest Place on Earth.

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

Steve Who?

I just checked with Google maps and found out I'm only about 930 miles from Steve. Looks like a nice spot up there. Road trip anyone ?
    Happy and Safe Turning, Don

Woodturners make the world go ROUND!

Blog Entries

Steve Schlumph

As we speak, I am determining the distance from Lewisville, NC 27023 to where ever it is Steve lives. Moreover I go to the Ann Arbor street fair and I don't think it is too far North to visit Steve. It would be my great pleasure to see him in person. Wish me luck. I have been to the Street Fair many times and weather is very un-predictable.
    David Woodruff

If you don't know where you're going, it doesn't matter how you get there.

Blog Entries

Steve Schlumph

According to Bing 3D I am 1008.1 miles South and and a few degrees East of Steve Schlumph. I envy his living on the UP of Michigan. Some day I will show up with a very large North Carolina Black Cheery Burl.
    David Woodruff

If you don't know where you're going, it doesn't matter how you get there.

Quote Originally Posted by David Woodruff View Post
    As we speak, I am determining the distance from Lewisville, NC 27023 to where ever it is Steve lives. Moreover I go to the Ann Arbor street fair and I don't think it is too far North to visit Steve. It would be my great pleasure to see him in person. Wish me luck. I have been to the Street Fair many times and weather is very un-predictable.
    David, I hope you're prepared for another days drive from Ann Arbor! When I use to go back up there from North Ga. I would spend the night in Ann Arbor and still not get there until late sometimes. He's so far north, he can see the Northern Lights! The directions I was first given to get there from Ga. was "take I-75 until it ends, then go east 200 miles until you get there"
    However the area is absolutely beautiful. If you go, you'll want to take lots of Lake Mich. and Lake Superior pictures. If you like fishing there are hundreds of lakes in that area. Oh....the Mackinac bridge is the 3rd longest suspension bridge in the world. It's an amazing drive across it! Especially in late December with a salt truck having to convoy you across. Also a great day trip is Mackinaw island.......
    Oh yes before I forget, Steve Schlumph lives up there also. I wished I had met him when I lived up there, but I to have be contemplating a trip back for old time sakes........in the warmer months, it would be great to meet him in person!