Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: New Design project...Bed for night tables Opinions Please!

Good ideas on the designs. Enjoyed this thread.

All that is missing is the post/hole to insert the beer holder for when you are sitting in bed looking at the football game

Dave,
    Good call on the color! I really like it! I will give it a bit of character, I hope in building that can't really be shown on the drawings...Beautiful job!
    Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Richards
    Reduce curve on the top. Linen change, too.
    "All great work starts with love .... then it is no longer work"

Mark, this has been a fun exercise. Thanks for letting me give the input. The design process is very interesting. I can see how it is easy to get locked into thinking one way until someone gives you a poke in the backside that sends you off in a slightly different direction.

I'll definitely be interested in seeing the your bed as it develops.

Dave

Dave,

I can't begin to tell you how helpful you have been. Great drawings are a key to visualizing the design. Your input was very important and I really enjoyed working with you and the rest of the team, Joe, Ray, Jim Becker and others.
    Imagine, just a short while ago , when I started the long thread on design, several said this was a difficult subject to discuss in a forum..."Too personal, and many other claims that failed to be true. This was probably one of the best efforts on SMC where members joined in to dramaticly improve the final result...no featers were ruffled...every single post was honestly directed at improving the design. You were an instrumental part of that....the downside is now I don't need to buy Sketch Up....I have Dave! I really want to thank you.

Why aren't you asleep?

Mark, I'm really glad to be able to contribute.

You are correct regarding the working together. It was a pleasure to see that it is possible for a group to work together with out anyone becoming overly emotional.

FWIW, this project gave me a bit of motivation to get out in the shop yesterday and actually make something. In between bed revisions I managed to make a little box in maple, walnut and cherry as a Christmas gift for my sister. Thanks for that.

Let me know when you're ready to do the next project.

Dave

Dave,

Your correct I should have been sleeping ...I did go back after the posting.
    Can you email the last bed image...I want to print it and hang it in the shop while I am working

Its been an Education

Reading this thread has been one of my most educational experiences since I started reading woodworking forums (of course that was when they used smoky fires and blankets to send the messages). I'm really looking forward to the construction progress notes.

Thanks everyone!

Mark Blumer (East Lansing, MI)

Dave, Mark, and everyone who contributed:

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Singer
    Dave,

I can't begin to tell you how helpful you have been. Great drawings are a key to visualizing the design. Your input was very important and I really enjoyed working with you and the rest of the team, Joe, Ray, Jim Becker and others.
    Imagine, just a short while ago , when I started the long thread on design, several said this was a difficult subject to discuss in a forum..."Too personal, and many other claims that failed to be true. This was probably one of the best efforts on SMC where members joined in to dramaticly improve the final result...no featers were ruffled...every single post was honestly directed at improving the design. You were an instrumental part of that....the downside is now I don't need to buy Sketch Up....I have Dave! I really want to thank you.
    This was a really fun and educational thread and I'm looking forward to seeing the project progress

Best to all
    Joe