Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2010 Pen Exchange Pictures

2010 Pen Exchange Pictures

Please post all your pen exchange pictures in this thread.

Thanks
    Tom

Tom Henry's pens to me. Very Nice. Thank you!

Dave W. -
    Restoring an 1890 Victorian
    Cuba, NY

Doug Swanson's Pen to me

The pen I got

This pen was sent me by Dennis Kranz. Saturn kit with Amboyna burl from Woodturningz. Like it a lot.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The hurrier I goes, the behinder I gets.

5. Talking Pen Swap with Mike Minto

Mike sent me advice my pen to him is with him as well as some Pen Blankks as from yesterday, since he is tied up photo of the pen made from 3000 yrs old Huon Pine Burl attached.

Regards Peter.

Very pretty pen Peter.

Is that type of pine seen in New Zealand as well?
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

7. Ken, The Huon Pine is only found in Tasmania the Island State South of Australia and grows only mm,s per year. One of my favourites.

Peter.

Here are the pens That David Warkentin received. A Jr. Majestic fountain pen with a heritence flex nib. The pen is closed end and made from casein with black acrylic accent bands. The "girly" pen is a gift to Davids wife and is a slim made from polymer clay using canes from Toni in New Zealand.
    Gary

RL 40 6040 40 watt laser, Coral X4, Compucarve, 9x42 Bridgeport mill, 13x36 Clausing toolroom lathe, Reid 2c surface grinder, Legacy ornamental mill, Jett vs mini lathe, and FIRE - micro flame polisher.

Wow, now giving up one of your polymer clay pen blanks from Tony in NZ is impressive! David, i will tell you those are a hot commodity over at the IAP website!

Gary, nice job on both!

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Nicholls View Post
    Here are the pens That David Warkentin received. A Jr. Majestic fountain pen with a heritence flex nib. The pen is closed end and made from casein with black acrylic accent bands. The "girly" pen is a gift to Davids wife and is a slim made from polymer clay using canes from Toni in New Zealand.
    Michael
    Bellaire, TX

Quote Originally Posted by michael gallagher View Post
    Wow, now giving up one of your polymer clay pen blanks from Tony in NZ is impressive! David, i will tell you those are a hot commodity over at the IAP website!

Gary, nice job on both!
    Michael, thank you for the compliment. I buy the canes from Toni in NZ and make my own blanks. I have become very good friends with Toni and she has taught me a lot. I was one of "Darth Toni's" first victims lured over to the dark side of pc on the IAP, lol. And yes, they are a hot commodity all over.
    Gary

RL 40 6040 40 watt laser, Coral X4, Compucarve, 9x42 Bridgeport mill, 13x36 Clausing toolroom lathe, Reid 2c surface grinder, Legacy ornamental mill, Jett vs mini lathe, and FIRE - micro flame polisher.

David Walser's Pen

Wasn't sure who is supposed to post pix since this is my first Pen Exchange but it looks like it works both ways.

So, here is the pen I made for David Walser. Not the greatest photos, I just took them at my desk. It is a copper Sierra turned with Walnut. The wood is old growth timber recovered from underwater in the Great Lakes. It sank while being floated to mills 100+ years ago. The darker photo is a better match to the color but the lighter photo shows the figure better. Not a flashy pen but has some nice figure. Hope David likes it.

Jeff in northern Wisconsin
    SawmillCreek.org
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    45W Epilog Helix
    Corel X4, Photoshop CS3
    Sherline 4400 lathe
    JET 1221 Lathe
    JET 1014 Lathe
    Craftman 36" VS lathe

Talking Look at what I got!

Sorry for the terrible photos because they do not do this pen justice. Jr Gentleman II with redwood burl received from Thom Sturgill. Thanks Thom, it is a great looking pen and writes very good too and appreciate the box that you sent it in (wish I would have thought of that when I sent yours)!

And here's the pen I got from Jody Amerson. Wall Street kit from Woodcraft, not sure what the blank is - palm maybe? I challenged Jody to step up fom the slimlines and try something new and he came through in spades!
    Retired - when every day is Saturday (unless it's Sunday).

Thom - Sorry but forgot to mention that the wood is wenge, getting forgetful as I get older

The tips you gave me on the finish helped a lot and I'll keep working at it for a smoother finish, thanks for the encouragement to try something new.

Quote Originally Posted by Jody Amerson View Post
    Thom - Sorry but forgot to mention that the wood is wenge, getting forgetful as I get older

The tips you gave me on the finish helped a lot and I'll keep working at it for a smoother finish, thanks for the encouragement to try something new.
    It's the spitting image of marblewood. Is it really wenge?

It doesn't really matter because it looks great!