Thread: question on floor tile

question on floor tile

I am putting in an Armstrong vinyl self stick tile. I will be putting down 1/4 acx first. The tile instructions say to prime with a latex primer. Do they mean a specific primer or will any latex primer do?
    Charlie

I'm partial to Zinsser Bullseye 1*2*3. The interior/exterior one.
    They also make an interior only, but, I've found the other one works better for all around use.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Reals View Post
    I am putting in an Armstrong vinyl self stick tile. I will be putting down 1/4 acx first. The tile instructions say to prime with a latex primer. Do they mean a specific primer or will any latex primer do?
    Charlie
    There usually is a special primer from the tile manufacturer. I put some down years ago and use the specified primer. Tiles really stuck well. Make sure you keep the area clean and flat, everything will show through the tile.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Stahl View Post
    There usually is a special primer from the tile manufacturer. I put some down years ago and use the specified primer. Tiles really stuck well. Make sure you keep the area clean and flat, everything will show through the tile.
    There was no specific primer called for by armstrong. I went with the Zinser and it seems to work fine. I have laid a ton of ceramic tile but never vinyl.
    Thanks for the info, Charlie