Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A little lathe gloat!

A little lathe gloat!

Well I need another lathe like I need a hole in the head This makes number 4, but the deal was to good to pass up. This is a 16" variable speed Woodfast short bed with outboard turning platform. It is in very good condition. It came with a stronghold and a nova chuck. Also came with both sets of cole jaws for the stronghold and one set for the Nova, has a Glaser 5/8 bowl gouge with a lot of life left along with a bunch of Henry Taylor, Hamlet, and other miscellaneous homemade hook and hollowing tools. Plus a bunch of tool rest etc. Also a few hand planes that they did not have any use for. Not a bad deal for $700. I do a little teaching to beginners and figure this will make a nice little lathe for that.

Thanks

Alan
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Alan Trout; 08-06-2010 at 7:19 PM.

Oh yeah... that'll be a "nice little lathe" for the "beginners"...
    David DeCristoforo

Major suck factor there Mr. Trout.

I didn't know there was such a thing as that Woodfast short bed. That would be a nice little compact setup.

That is a serious gloat! Congrats.

Sweet gloat Alan. One more congrats...

Holy smokes. Alan...I...I just don't know what to say. Wow.
    ~john
    "There's nothing wrong with Quiet" ` Jeremiah Johnson

How come that wasn't around when I was looking to upgrade!!! Congrats! Super buy. There is $700 worth of accessories!

8. Gee Whiz,

Some guys just step in it without trying! Great score, especially since you are mentoring others! What a match..... a lathe someone no longer wanted, and a person who needed it to help others.....

It just doesn't get much better!

congrats, craigslist?

You suck.

Not a bad deal on the chucks and tools with a lathe thrown in for free.

What is so cool about this little lathe is that it does not take up much more space than a Mini yet has a nice swing. Plus all the extras such as tool rest etc. will work on my Nova DVR XP.

Yep, there is way more than $700 in accessory's. The OneWay Stronghold with the jaws it came with new would be over $500. There were several tools I would not mind having but would never buy. There were many of those that came with it.

It is my 17th wedding anniversary tomorrow, when I told my wife about the lathe with all the stuff she said I had to do it. She is a great lady. I hardly deserve her.

Thanks,

Alan

I have known about the lathe for a couple of years. It was at a retirement center. They had no use for it but the gentleman that owned the lathe was very sick. The men that run the hobby shop said that they wanted for the owner to pass away before they sold it. When you move to the center you can bring your tools but when you die it is left to the hobby shop to do as they wish with the tools after your passing. They called and ask me early this week to see if I still wanted the lathe. I went out there Wednesday of this week and made the deal and picked it up today. A little morbid but I look at it as the gentleman would be happy to see it put to good use.

Alan
    Last edited by Alan Trout; 08-06-2010 at 9:14 PM. Reason: Content

13. Quote Originally Posted by Alan Trout View Post
    What is so cool about this little lathe is that it does not take up much more space than a Mini yet has a nice swing. Plus all the extras such as tool rest etc. will work on my Nova DVR XP.

Yep, there is way more than $700 in accessory's. The OneWay Stronghold with the jaws it came with new would be over $500. There were several tools I would not mind having but would never buy. There were many of those that came with it.

It is my 17th wedding anniversary tomorrow, when I told my wife about the lathe with all the stuff she said I had to do it. She is a great lady. I hardly deserve her.

Thanks,

Alan
    A good lathe..... a great bargain, and a great lady.....doesn't get any better!

Alan,
    Great deal! Somebody will really enjoy learning on that.

Theif! No really a u sxxk! is in order.